Your opinion please S5 vs A5 3.0 TDI (Sportback)

yodapic.jpg

Reactions: ben.w93, kanecullen89 and Shrek5
Sorry missed this thread, but you made the right choice. ;)

I haven't read all the posts but from experience the 3.0TDi is a great car and engine, but the S5 is something else.

I saw mention of the artificial sound but funnily enough I was talking to a neighbour today and he was saying he thought that mine sounded great, so some of that sound does get heard outside... we did both agree that another neighbour's RS4 sounded even better mind. ;)

Congrats on the purchase, and pics or else... :lmfao:

Reactions: kanecullen89 and warren_S5
Photos now uploaded in new thread! :D

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, warren_S5 and Shrek5
Slightly off topic, but my dad and I put our 2004 V8 S4 tiptronic cab with 340BHP I think, and 13,000 miles on the clock against my 2008 manual 3.0tdi A5. The A5 was as fast with a decent launch off the line, but the S4 pulled ahead a higher speeds. Not bad for a 74,000 TDI that has yet to have a remaped though. Also put it up against dads 4.2TDI Q7 and left it reasonably comfortably. The S4 was registering 17mpg, my TDI was saying 26mpg,although the A5 does not sound as good as an S4 or S5, its performance and fuel consumption speaks for itself. It would have been wasted by dads 2010 MTM S5 sportback stronic with the V6 supercharged. I can get about 40mpg on a run and he only ever got 29mpg on similar runs up the M5.

Reactions: AdamZA