yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Yeah I can't really see any benefit other than them hoping to put it in May figures if they have already hit target for April. Will see what happens tomorrow/Wednesday, if I hear nothing I will be back on to Audi UK.

I've had enough now to be honest haha, April has been completely swallowed up with all this tracking etc!

Have you collected now?

Yes collected a couple of hours ago, really helpful handover. Really happy with how the car looks. A lot of new bells and whistles to get used to!! Hope you get movement with your car soon

Reactions: RYes3
Inaccessible unfortunately lol

Ah that's a shame :(

You can't get to the one mine will be in either, but you can see into it through the bushes as you drive past on the dual carriageway.....

Hello - first time poster. Reading some of the posts in this thread, I seem to have been really lucky with my order. Ordered an A3 S line with lots of options on 28th February. Construction was confirmed for 11th April, but actually started a week earlier. Car arrived in the UK last week, should be with the dealer tomorrow, and collecting on Saturday. Coming from a long line of Golfs (GTi, and three GTDs) I'm really looking forward to my first Audi.

Hey testcard, I was very similar, ordered about the same time and went to build on April 4th, hoping to take delivery this week! Enjoy the new car!

Yes collected a couple of hours ago, really helpful handover. Really happy with how the car looks. A lot of new bells and whistles to get used to!! Hope you get movement with your car soon
Awesome, enjoy!

Status 40 this morning. Dealer said they'd ring me today to let me know if Saturday collection is ok or not. Fingers crossed.

I'm guessing that means that they're sending a transporter today and mine may or may not be on it.

Status 40 this morning. Dealer said they'd ring me today to let me know if Saturday collection is ok or not. Fingers crossed.

I'm guessing that means that they're sending a transporter today and mine may or may not be on it.

Mine moved to status 40 today as well here is what my dealer said below... not as hopeful as your dealer thats for sure (Audi Croydon)

"Yes your new Audi has been shipped to the UK but it will take up to 10 days for the vehicle to be delivered to us. This is because it needs to clear customs, be put on an available transporter and get to us with no delay.

Once it does arrive with us it needs to go through the work shop, fully valeted, registered, finance finalised and taxed. This could take a further 4 days.

Hopefully your new vehicle will be available to collect in the week of the 9th May but I won't be able to confirm until closer to the time.

I am away on holiday for 2 weeks from Monday 2nd May. I would really like to hand your new car over to you personally, would you like to collect week beginning 16th May? (If this is not convenient for you I can certainly see if one of my colleagues can take over)"

Yeah that's not nearly as optimistic.

To be honest, it would suit me better to pick mine up the following weekend, but he seemed keen to get it done in April, so we'll see. I guess a lot of it depends on the dealers figures and if they want the car out this month or next and when they have transporters going up with space on them.

Having now collected my car and driven it to work for the first time, my tracker is still at status 60!! I guess this proves that its not so accurate once the car has left Germany

I get such mixed messages from Audi Customer Service, yesterday they tell me it'll be at the dealers before the end of this week I ask for an update today and they're saying the standard 10 day answer so will be early next week, it's just frustrating that they can't tell you properly what's happening with it, surely it has a date that it will be transported, its asif its pot luck as to whether it will go on a transporter when it turns up

I get such mixed messages from Audi Customer Service, yesterday they tell me it'll be at the dealers before the end of this week I ask for an update today and they're saying the standard 10 day answer so will be early next week, it's just frustrating that they can't tell you properly what's happening with it, surely it has a date that it will be transported, its asif its pot luck as to whether it will go on a transporter when it turns up

I think you are right PhilDarnell, the sequence of getting cars out of port of entry and to the dealer seems a bit random. I can understand that if cars were stuck at Emden for ages were bumped up the transport list but there just doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason as to how most cars get picked for transport. I think that there is more than a distinct possibility that Audi CS have access to different sets of data to the dealers.

Im not upto date with the status 40etc all I know is mine is on the train, theres a boat coming from Emden arriving on 1st of may I hope my car makes that, shouldn't take too long go get from port of tyne to my deal (its only 1 mile or so away). I don't want any paint prep doing I have left 4 messages but no response!

Apparently, ours in in the UK, according to the tracker. There was a boat docked at Newcastle yesterday so must have been on that. Bit of luck we should have it in the next couple of weeks.

it's here! and today is my birthday so ended up timing my order perfect!

Reactions: Fuzzyb, StevoGuide7 and RYes3
Well my tracker went to status 70 this morning but the dealer is still saying it hasn't turned up there, despite Audi UK telling me that it got there last Friday, very very frustrating!

Yeah that's not nearly as optimistic.

To be honest, it would suit me better to pick mine up the following weekend, but he seemed keen to get it done in April, so we'll see. I guess a lot of it depends on the dealers figures and if they want the car out this month or next and when they have transporters going up with space on them.

No phone call yet.... no news is good news? Or he is working up the courage to tell me?!

Ok, after speaking to Audi UK again and them again telling me it got to the dealers on Friday, they spoke to my dealer direct who told them that it arrived yesterday late afternoon! Had contact from the dealer now and pick it up Thursday morning!!

The tracker turns out to be next to useless once the car is in the UK. I gave the dealer a hard time yesterday and I think it may have been unwarranted. Apparently 2 transporters were due last Friday but only one turned up. The tracker seems to be pre programmed so if there is a delay it can give false positives.

Hey ho, it's been a great experience tracking anyhow, but it has definitely made it a little more stressful at times too!

Reactions: StevoGuide7 and testcard
At least you know where it finally is! Bet you're looking forward to Thursday! :D

Apparently, ours in in the UK, according to the tracker. There was a boat docked at Newcastle yesterday so must have been on that. Bit of luck we should have it in the next couple of weeks.

Mine arrived on that ship yesterday (City of Sunderland) and it is due to leave in the next hour so all cars should be offloaded by now. Waiting to hear back from dealer to see if any chance they are on the ball and picking it up pronto but cant see me getting it before going away on holiday on Saturday so will be a couple of weeks now before seeing it :(

Mine arrived on that ship yesterday (City of Sunderland) and it is due to leave in the next hour so all cars should be offloaded by now. Waiting to hear back from dealer to see if any chance they are on the ball and picking it up pronto but cant see me getting it before going away on holiday on Saturday so will be a couple of weeks now before seeing it :(

I'm led to believe that the other ports of entry are not in such a back log as Grimsby so you should get turned round in a decent time frame, Saturday may be a push though if it's still on the ship, best of luck though!

Looks like I checked to early past midnight last night as it was still showing code 40 last night. Forgot that I didnt check after that so logged in now to see code 70! Seems like mine just jumped straight from 40-70 without any codes in between. Good thing the dealership and the port is (kind of) close by. Now to sort out collection - the car is a PCH from a broker (anyone used Select before?) so I'm not sure exactly when they will contact me regarding delivery.

Attachments

• screenshot-www.audi.co.uk 2016-04-26 21-26-26.png
    screenshot-www.audi.co.uk 2016-04-26 21-26-26.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 170
Looks like I checked to early past midnight last night as it was still showing code 40 last night. Forgot that I didnt check after that so logged in now to see code 70! Seems like mine just jumped straight from 40-70 without any codes in between. Good thing the dealership and the port is (kind of) close by. Now to sort out collection - the car is a PCH from a broker (anyone used Select before?) so I'm not sure exactly when they will contact me regarding delivery.

I am through a broker but have had no contact with them for weeks. I have been dealing direct with the Audi fleet manager at the branch.

Reactions: Chemist
I am through a broker but have had no contact with them for weeks. I have been dealing direct with the Audi fleet manager at the branch.

Mate, subpar service from the broker I must say, heard nothing after I paid my admin fee. I had a better experience with the purchase brokers when I did my dads car last year . It's the fleet manager I want to speak to then? I'll get on the case tomorrow

I am not bothered about the broker only used them to get a good deal that I wouldn't have got going to the dealer. After the broker gave me the order number it was easier to deal direct with the dealer instead of waiting for the broker to speak to them and pass the messages back and forth. My fleet manager is the one who is sorting out the paperwork registering the car etc so no need for the broker now.

Congratulations!

Would you really want to get the car then leave for holiday! Might be better getting it on your return, just book a couple of days off to enjoy it. Takes a couple of days to prep as well so would doubt it will be ready in time.
Enjoy your holiday and you have the car to come back to.

it's here! and today is my birthday so ended up timing my order perfect!

Well its my birthday today and this happened - How strange seeing Audi Coulsdon said it won't be with them for another 2 week...only yesterday! Birthday magic?
RivieraS1 you must have yours as well?!

Mines not till November!!! I don't want to wait that long! :blink:

Mines still on code 40. If I haven't heard anything by lunch, I'll email the dealer.

Ok, after speaking to Audi UK again and them again telling me it got to the dealers on Friday, they spoke to my dealer direct who told them that it arrived yesterday late afternoon! Had contact from the dealer now and pick it up Thursday morning!!

The tracker turns out to be next to useless once the car is in the UK. I gave the dealer a hard time yesterday and I think it may have been unwarranted. Apparently 2 transporters were due last Friday but only one turned up. The tracker seems to be pre programmed so if there is a delay it can give false positives.

Hey ho, it's been a great experience tracking anyhow, but it has definitely made it a little more stressful at times too!

Really happy you have got this sorted. I totally agree about the stress relating to the tracker! Had a glorious drive through the peak district in the sun this morning, have a great handover tomorrow!! I'll need to look out for your car, should be easy to spot!

I logged into check this morning and it finally said status 60 so I asked Audi Customer service for an update and they said it arrived at the dealers yesterday so it just shows that the tracker is behind time, I've not heard anything from my dealer though so I'm going to give them a ring this morning

Really happy you have got this sorted. I totally agree about the stress relating to the tracker! Had a glorious drive through the peak district in the sun this morning, have a great handover tomorrow!! I'll need to look out for your car, should be easy to spot!

Thanks, make sure you give me a flash of the headlights if you do spot me!

Just got an email - all systems go for Saturday! Car is arriving at the dealership tomorrow. :racer:

Collecting mine on Saturday too. A long weekend to read and learn the owner's manual!

Reactions: RivieraS1 and RYes3
So I've just had a phone call off my dealer saying hes got some good news, my car is due into the dealership tomorrow.

How can Customer Services tell me it arrived yesterday and my dealership is saying its arriving tomorrow.

I just want my car!!! haha.

Reactions: StevoGuide7 and RYes3
Mine will be at the dealers tomorrow hopefully but no chance of turning the car around in time to pick up on Friday so i have agreed to pick up after i am back off holiday, wife not to happy as she was hoping to have it to drive from north of Scotland to Manchester airport and back.

Just been running around circles on the phone today - called Tunbridge Wells Audi who informed me they are not the dealer but have been used by the broker to take the car as its closer to my London address for delivery, and that the actual dealer is Audi Swindon. Called Swindon who told me to speak to the broker - who said they'll email me about delivery today but haven't. Tried to get through to the chap who dealt with the order from the brokers side who was busy on the phone every single time I called and did not call me back. :dizzy:

Would really like to pick this car up as the current mk5 golf runabout is throwing up issues, and the passenger side window doesnt fully close. Great :fearful:

Mine will be at the dealers tomorrow hopefully but no chance of turning the car around in time to pick up on Friday so i have agreed to pick up after i am back off holiday, wife not to happy as she was hoping to have it to drive from north of Scotland to Manchester airport and back.
That would have been a decent distance to run it in. Which dealers? I use Aberdeen Audi.

Will you be collecting yours on Saturday too, Phil?

I'm picking it up on friday now :racer:

I spoke to Audi customer service who told me it was at the dealers and that they were going to speak to them. I then got a phone call of the dealers saying 'oh yeh your car is here'. They are useless!!! but hopefully I'll be driving my car on friday!

Reactions: RYes3 and RivieraS1