yourAudi - Track New Car Order

I've just been looking at getting insurance quotes on my new car but I can't find my reg plate on the insurance websites. When will it show? I signed all the documents earlier today

You might have to ring up and tell them the reg. It might take a few days for it to go on the system.

I'm picking it up on friday now :racer:

I spoke to Audi customer service who told me it was at the dealers and that they were going to speak to them. I then got a phone call of the dealers saying 'oh yeh your car is here'. They are useless!!! but hopefully I'll be driving my car on friday!
Same situation with me, I felt a bit under hand getting Audi UK involved but I dread to think how long I would have waited were it not for their help! Enjoy it! Just over 13 hours until I get mine haha!

Smurf has arrived. Look how pretty!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    10.8 KB · Views: 400
Reactions: Fuzzyb
Bah - you're all lucky, Audi Coulsdon said they couldn't possibly get it ready before Tuesday... so picking up a week Saturday.

Collected mine this morning... Wow, what a car!

Hope everyone else get's their new toys soon!

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Chemist, testcard and 1 other person
Looks like its a delivery for me on the 6th of May. Fingers crossed that it is as it was supposed to be the 5th, took time off work and now its the 6th. Anyone know if the car is driven from the showroom to your address or is via transporter? Also wondering if the companies that Audi use do deliveries on Saturday...

Pick mine up at 12 today, been up since 5 just too excited to fall back asleep haha.

Do you have to run new engines in? This is my first new car, obviously I'm not going to be ragging it around but do I need to run it in?

Reactions: RYes3
I don't think running in is as important as it was years ago. I would be gentle for the first few hundred miles though.

Chemist - I'm not sure. I'm going in to collect mine.

I nipped down to the dealers for a sneaky preview of mine in the compound. He's so pretty!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 438
Reactions: Dazzeroo
Pick mine up at 12 today, been up since 5 just too excited to fall back asleep haha.

Do you have to run new engines in? This is my first new car, obviously I'm not going to be ragging it around but do I need to run it in?

Definitely run it in for the first 1000 miles. You just progressively drive it harder but sure it is in the manual. Basically don't thrash it to the red line from cold!

No run in is necessary these days, let the oil get up to temp and then let it rev. Obviously don't bounce it off the limiter :)

Many tuning houses report that baby'ing an engine actually reduces performance over the life of a modern engine.

You have a warranty for any defects, have fun from the get go ;)

I don't think running in is as important as it was years ago. I would be gentle for the first few hundred miles though.

Chemist - I'm not sure. I'm going in to collect mine.

I nipped down to the dealers for a sneaky preview of mine in the compound. He's so pretty!!!

Looks great, and I love the plate!

Quick pic of mine in the delivery bay!

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 338
Reactions: lou15p and StevoGuide7
No run in is necessary these days, let the oil get up to temp and then let it rev. Obviously don't bounce it off the limiter :)

Many tuning houses report that baby'ing an engine actually reduces performance over the life of a modern engine.

You have a warranty for any defects, have fun from the get go ;)

Looks great, and I love the plate!

Quick pic of mine in the delivery bay!

Really looks good! I will keep an eye out for you on the road, my reg ends RSO

@RivieraS1 That colour is amazing! As mine is a lease I went with the boring option of "ibis white" but that car looks nice mate. Delivery confirmed for next Friday for an "evening" delivery.... Hopefully wont have to take the day off work.

You have a warranty for any defects, have fun from the get go

Just remember that the ecu will record parameters and they will know if you've gunned it to the limiter from stone cold...

There's many schools of thought regarding running in. Personally, I subscribe to the start it, drive it normally till its thoroughly warm, give it ten or twelve short bursts of 6 to 7/8 throttle at a decent load, and then consider it 'run in' school. If it's going to go bang through some latent defect, then no amount of gentle running in will prevent it doing so, What I ideally want to do is get everything critical, like piston rings, bedded in early.

That's just my thoughts though. You also have to consider that by the time you get the car about 8 different people have already run it in for you...

For what it's worth, the manual says;

Last edited:
Reactions: RYes3 and pburv
Is anyone else waiting on City of Barcelona arriving in the Tyne? Hope mine is on that and doesn't spend more time sat at emden getting shat on by German seagulls.

My original order arrived in the UK yesterday. Pity it won't be mine as I will be ordering the FL when ordering opens. :)

{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2016-05-04T01:01:37+0100"},
{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2016-04-29T01:01:44+0100"},
{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2016-04-20T01:01:55+0100"},
{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2016-04-18T00:00:00+0100"},
{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2016-04-16T00:00:00+0100"},
{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2016-04-15T00:00:00+0100"},
{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2016-04-14T00:00:00+0100"},
{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2016-03-24T01:02:24+0000"},
{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2016-03-03T01:02:54+0000"}

Well, ours is at the dealers but not collecting until the week of the 16th as the salesman is on holiday. Communication this week has been poor but my wife isn't bothered as it wasn't due until June. Gives me a chance to put miles on her car rather than mine for the next couple of weeks.

Accepted delivery of my cat yesterday. I'm on call all weekend so won't really have a chance to drive it until Monday, didn't have time to take decent pictures either but here's a quick shot.

Attachments

• Snapchat-5235690664909107329~2.jpg
    Snapchat-5235690664909107329~2.jpg
    614.4 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: pburv, RYes3 and Satory
Picking it up on Tuesday afternoon. Might see Wagster there too! Saw it last week in the compound but still had all the plastic on. Looking forward to seeing the Mythos Black all cleaned up.

Reactions: pburv and RYes3
Where do you guys get these codes from 38, 40 etc.
I'm tracking my A5 and all I have is a status from 1 to 9. Currently on 7 quality control.

Go to page 5 oft this thread and scroll down. There's a post with links to another website which gives you the codes and also another site that you can copy and paste the information and it gives you the info in an easier to read format.

Reactions: Scott.T
Go to page 5 oft this thread and scroll down. There's a post with links to another website which gives you the codes and also another site that you can copy and paste the information and it gives you the info in an easier to read format.
Cheers @Scottk

"orderNumber": "xxxxxxxx",
"orderStatus": "30",
"deliveryDealerCode": "00483",
"orderHistory": [{
"orderStatus": "24",
"statusDate": "2016-05-16T00:00:00+0100"
}, {
"orderStatus": "23",
"statusDate": "2016-05-14T00:00:00+0100"
}, {
"orderStatus": "22",
"statusDate": "2016-05-13T00:00:00+0100"
}, {
"orderStatus": "21",
"statusDate": "2016-05-12T00:00:00+0100"
}, {
"orderStatus": "20",
"statusDate": "2016-04-28T01:06:13+0100"
}, {
"orderStatus": "10",
"statusDate": "2016-03-09T01:09:31+0000"

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there anywhere here that gives a rough guide on how long each stage of the process takes? For example from the 'preparation' stage to delivery (only a rough guide of course)... or does it vary too much?

Thanks! :D

At the start of this thread, there's a few posts on timescales. Think it was 3-4 weeks to get to the dealer after it enters production but some of the guys posted the codes with dates.

Reactions: azibux1
At the start of this thread, there's a few posts on timescales. Think it was 3-4 weeks to get to the dealer after it enters production but some of the guys posted the codes with dates.
Nice! Yeah just had a read through and that seems to be around correct. And makes me happy haha. Build starts on 6th June for me, so hopefully start of July collection roughly. Dealer said end of July a couple of weeks ago but I think/hope they were maybe over-estimating a bit after all the issues I had with PFL/FL and lack of build weeks, I think they maybe didn't want to say it will be here end of June then it is 'late'

The wait begins... :D

If you don't mind me asking, what spec have you gone for?

If you don't mind me asking, what spec have you gone for?
Sure...

PFL S3 Saloon S-tronic in Sepang
Tech Pack
B&O
Comfort Pack
Advanced Key
Privacy Glass
ILP
Folding mirrors
High beam assist

:D

Ah a PFL... Didn't realise they were still making those... Great spec those everything I had except the Privacy glass :)

Ah a PFL... Didn't realise they were still making those... Great spec those everything I had except the Privacy glass :)
Yeah there was my order for a PFL, then Audi sales office said it will be a FL as I never got allocated a build slot in time, then they said we're trying to fulfill all PFL orders as best we can and we've found you a build week.

So I decided to keep it as the new one would be more expensive, and only real upgrades are the LED lights and Connect subscription... Both of which I could have had now but decided I didn't need, so no point paying extra for them

Plus I really wanted sepang haha

And the fun begins... AGAIN! Received my FL Order number and have added it to Your Audi. It is still on Status 0 but is it usual to not have a build week at the bottom?

Should I be worried if the order clearly states I have 'LED Matrix Lights' (PX8) but states no 'Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror' despite it being apart of the Lights package???

Also I have ordered 'Parking System plus', The order only mentions rear parking sensors with front sensors not mentioned at all However, the correct code '7X2' appears under translated options at the bottom. Again should I be worried???

"data": {
"deliveryDealerCode": "00409",
"orderHistory": [{
"statusDate": "2016-02-18T01:07:51+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "00",
"statusDate": "2016-02-16T01:07:53+0000"
}],

This seems to contradict the dealership.. Their system is showing status 00

Tracker has 'unlocked' the panel shop stage for my 6th June build week! :D

Not sure if that's just so I can 'see' it early, or if it is actually progressing earlier than expected

@ScottyA your S1 moved along the process? I know this is the S3 forum, but the S1 equivalent thread has a whole zero replies :p

I assume work at the factory stops over the weekend?

And the fun begins... AGAIN! Received my FL Order number and have added it to Your Audi. It is still on Status 0 but is it usual to not have a build week at the bottom?

Should I be worried if the order clearly states I have 'LED Matrix Lights' (PX8) but states no 'Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror' despite it being apart of the Lights package???

Also I have ordered 'Parking System plus', The order only mentions rear parking sensors with front sensors not mentioned at all However, the correct code '7X2' appears under translated options at the bottom. Again should I be worried???

My S3 order is at Status 0 as well, no build week.
I have also Matrix Lights and no Auto Dimming Mirror mentioned.
Mine does however say "Audi Parking System Plus" under the Safety and Technology Tab.

I had a bit of a weird moment with the tracker.

I was emailed my order number by Audi and a link to the tracker. Logged in and viewed my car. Perfect! Even had the right spec. It then changed from welcome to your order has arrived at the factory however the car colour and spec had changed.

PANIC!

Contacted Audi and it turns out I had been sent the wrong order number and was given a new one. Except it's not recognised by the tracker. It's been a week now.

Should I be worried?

Tracker has 'unlocked' the panel shop stage for my 6th June build week! :D

Not sure if that's just so I can 'see' it early, or if it is actually progressing earlier than expected

@ScottyA your S1 moved along the process? I know this is the S3 forum, but the S1 equivalent thread has a whole zero replies :p

Mine motored to Quality Control but is stil there as of this evening. Can't complain with that speed. Hopefully moves to in transit soon!