yourAudi update checking App (Download here!)

MikeSel^

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mikesel.info
Hello all.

Just wanted to gauge what the interest would be in a desktop based application, which runs on a schedule and checks the youAudi site, then emails the results and the order history.

I've built the app to save me having to log on and check my order every morning (why have a dog and bark yourself)

Fully intend to publish it here, but just wondered if anyone would like a copy?

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: James Travis
Yes please :)

I can believe it, my last car was the 1.4 and they are brilliant engines just like the EcoBoost. It's amazing what these companies are doing with small turbo engine now, diesel MPG on the motorway and very fun on a spirited drive. Definitely more exciting than a diesel. I've driven a few of the 150ps, quick little engine and in the A1 it's rapid.
The shame is the new 1.5 is by all accounts even better! It has a new turbo technology on it.
Hello all.

Just wanted to gauge what the interest would be in a desktop based application, which runs on a schedule and checks the youAudi site, then emails the results and the order history.

I've built the app to save me having to log on and check my order every morning (why have a dog and bark yourself)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello all.

Yes that would be fantastic, please.

Ok.. Here we go :)

You can download the app from here

The concept behind the application is that it remains running on a PC. Then at a time specified (highly recommended after 02:00 hours) it will login to the yourAudi servers, download the information and email the details to the email address provided.

There are a few caveats -
  1. This is an initial public release (alpha if you will) and is designed to sit in your system tray. So isn't designed to look pretty. :)
  2. The only time this app will communicate with my servers is to check for updates and send the update email.

Once the Setup has finished, you'll be prompted to input some settings. These are important - and required for the app to work.

Screen Shot 2017 04 22 at 222444
(I do not, at any stage transfer these settings anywhere and are only used to login to the YourAudi site.. The password is stored used 3DES encryption, with the key being serial numbers of hardware in your PC. I will never see or be able to see your password)

Enter your username, password and order number. The order number is important, as this is passed to the yourAudi API to retrieve your order history etc. When you click the save button it will move to the next screen.

The email address is used solely to email an update at 03:00 on a morning. It's not transferred or used in any other way. I will have no access to the email address at any time.

The main application has an update button on, which replicates the scheduled job, and fills the text window with your order history.

YA
Once you've set it up, and given the update button a push, minimise the window. It will disappear off to a little Audi R8 icon near your clock. Then when the scheduled time comes around, it will fire and check your order details and email you an update.

As this was built to just fulfil my needs, it's perhaps feature lacking for some of you. Happy to look at adding in features. So if you think it could benefit from something, let me know.

Cheers

Reactions: seyre