YouTube Mechanics...

FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I need to change an ABS wheel speed sensor, and as you do, I thought I'd have a quick look on YouTube for a video of someone doing one to make sure there are no gotchas on the specific car.

Blimey. Guy starts off by hammering a nasty screwdriver type hex bit into the bolt. Attaches ratchet handle with bit adapter, immediately pulls it off-straight, and begins to apply pressure; surprise surprise, the hugely gunked-up bolt that never saw even a drop of WD doesn't shift a bit. He doesn't mention that the head's lunched, but you know it is. Now he decides it's time to give things a clean... Points a donkey of a pressure washer at the hub and lets rip. Back to the sensor... out comes a chisel to destroy the old sensor and hammer out the remnants. Then comes the caption... 'the new sensor will fit quite tightly in the hole, so the bolt isn't really needed' and then he sets-to with a hacksaw.

Those of a nervous disposition will be pleased to learn that this will be the limit of the bodging in that corner, because as there were no bolts in the hub when he donkey washed it, they'll rust-in when he puts them back.

Yikes.

Anyway. As soon as my diesel powered pressure washer arrives I'm going to tackle the job.

R

Reactions: Sandra