Zenec DAB60 Module Review and Supplier review..

newbieboyy

Reaction score
So after getting the Zenec NC3131D Radio (<- Review), I thought that I would get the DAB module.

Here is the module;

Zenec ZE-DAB60

First impressions were that is was good little box, simple cabling, easy integration...

This is where it started to unravel...

The simp integration wasn't quite as simple as it seemed...

First the unit had a wiring loom that connected directly into the Zenec head unit. However despite being Zenec both sides, you still had to cut into the wiring loom for the switched live and pull a permanent live from the fuse box, you also needed a grounding point.

After going and buying some extra cables, plugs and various bits and bobs, I got it cabled in, and powered up.

The standard antenna was a stick on window one, now i live in a strong DAB reception area so thought i would get this installed first and test it.

Statically set on the drive it seemed ok, however there were a few issues, it started to fluctuate and have random issues;

Sat in stationary traffic it would have a full signal, then nothing, it would also go on and off randomly.
It wouldn't hold a signal at all.

After upgrading the full system to the latest firmware things got even worse.

FM started to hugely play up, the radio wouldn't hold a signal on DAB or FM.

Me and the Mrs went on a 350 mile round trip across country and for the first 100 miles we had no radio. It was hugely static, playing up non stop radio would freeze up, wouldn't turn on etc.

Having previously moved the antenna around and trying a different antenna enough was enough, the DAB was completely gutted at Maidstone services, and voila, I had radio again...

Deciding enough was enough, i contacted the supplier, and this is where things got even worse...

Having previously emailed the company when purchasing items, replies were received within a matter of hours.

However this is where the customer service has ended with the supplier..

Initial email notifying them of error was May 25th.

Follow up email on the 28th May.
Follow up again on the 29th May.
Reply from supplier on the 30th May telling me to contact the distributor of the product.
I replied the 30th answering the questions and asking who and where to contact the distributor.
Created a support ticket with Connects2 (The UK Distributor) detailing everything!
Reply on the 13th June asking me where i bought it from.
I replied the 17th June to confirm location.
Email notifying me of an update on the 23rd June saying they would ask if they could refund due to the issues experienced.
Email notifying me of an update on the 27th June saying they would refund me, however I had to return he unit to supplier and get refund from them.
Email to supplier on the 28th confirming what Connects2U had said, proving the conversation to confirm fault and refund.
Email from supplier on the 30th confirming my email, and that once they had tested it and shipped it they would refund me once they had a refund.
Item shipped to them and received the 1st June recorded delivery, Connects2U notified.
Reply from Connects2u that as soon as they had it they would refund the system.

Heard nothing...

Emailed supplier the 9th to ask for an update... no reply...

Phone supplier 12th July asking when to expect refund to be told that they had to go find it... they found it and then asked me why they couldn't send me a new one and why was i wanting a refund. After explaining that they had a huge email chain, i didn't want a refund, it was crap, and that they have had the package for 11 days and it cost me £9 to ship it to them and why hadn't they sorted it. They said it will be sorted next week, bye, phone down...

Needless to say the supplier will not be getting any more of my money and i am appalled by there service. I am pursuing them for all costs (Including return postage), especially as i am over £200 out of pocket at the moment and have bee waiting 7 weeks for this to be sorted...