Brake/Clutch switch........

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So i keep getting flashed and the finger off other drivers, been going on for a few weeks, couldnt figure why until tonight, i aint got no brake lights lol.

Vag-com showed a fault the other week but didnt think any thing of it, well guess its finally gave up the ghost as there's no brake lights at all.

So does anyone know the part number for the:
Brake switch
&
Clutch switch?

Cheers boys.

vag com said i have brake switch fault,
but my lights and everything work just fine

Brake light switch year 2001 4PIN 1J0945511C

Clutch switch year 2001 1J0927189

Hope this helps mate

Haha like it.

James, are those part numbers the same for prefacelift s3's? Mines a 2000 plate.

Thanks james. What you using to check and gain the part numbers?

Its ETKA mate,the clutch switch is the same but there is different part number for the brake light switch depending on if it a 2 or 4 pin switch.

2 pin 191945515b
4 pin 1J0945511C

There anyway of checking without taking the lower dash off? Too cold to be p*ssing about haha.

Na mate as both numbers are listed for that year,so there is only one way to find out bud...thats the hard way lol.

brakelightswitches.jpg

Son of a bitch, haha.

Did you buy etka off flebay james? Think i need to invest in it.

sorry chaps I thought the clutch switches were different. I have a mild over revving problem, I went to check Welly's out as he lives down the road and his car isn't over revving and he had a black clutch switch where as I have a blue one in my amk as does tuffty's amk IIRC. I don't know if the connectors are any different per switch though

That part number is for the year 2000 not later and as such only one type listed so later might have two different types.

Regarding colour of the switches were they the same in construction and pin outs?

The shape is different between the two and I looked at Wellys saw it was different, thought that I had the wrong one so left it at that and didnt take all the facia off so I dont know about the connectors im afraid.

With hindsight it doesn't really matter, if you ask tps gsf etc. for a clutch switch and give them your reg or chassis number and they give you the wrong one you can just take it back lol

I have a AMK and I have had a new clutch switch and it's black the old one was blue. It's an improved version according 2 audi.

Hmmmm, ive an amk also. Changed my clutch switch last week (part no 1J0 927 189) and it was another blue one, wonder did i get the wrong un?

Parts are often modified from the factory for what ever reason and the only identification is colour change of the part but technicians often receive bulletins regarding modified parts as i do on a daily basis..so dont worry about it.

Just thought id add this mornings findings to the thread.

Took the lower dash off this morning to have a look at the part numbers on the brake/clutch switch, they arnt the same as the ones posted. These are the ones on my car:
Brake: 1h0927189d
cllutch: 1j0945511a

Phoned up audi and confirmed both part numbers and they said they were spot on, so who knows. Just thought id let you guys know.

Brake: 1h0927189d comes up as with vehicle fitted with cruse control ,does yours have it,also is this not clutch switch part number?

The other part number is not listed for the A3/S3 but TT and A2?

anyway i suspect the numbers have been superseded in the past as the etka i have is getting on now,best to fine a new version me thinks?

No mate it doesnt, why would cruise control make a difference?

Well i their on my car and have been working and audi said the part numbers were fine and they are the latest part numbers.

now im really confused , I keep getting the implausable signal from vcds re the clutch switch along with the increased hanging revs so called tps ordered a clutch switch for my 2001 amk S3 and they have sent me a 2 pin blue job with part number 6Q0 927 189 can anyone confirm this as the correct part ??

does it look like this

clutchswitch.jpg

thats exactly what it looks like and noticed it has a pre tensioner re the twisty bit on the end of switch , it seems if I turn it clockwise its travel is reduced by about 10 percent ? if i unscrew it all way it freely activates in out ? could this be a clue to the allususive problem we have ? whats the twisty end screw all about ?

It's self adjustment,once the switch is removed you pull out the centre of the switch by hand,once you refit it the pedal coming back up will pre set it.

My clutch switch looks nothing like that at all.

It's self adjustment,once the switch is removed you pull out the centre of the switch by hand,once you refit it the pedal coming back up will pre set it.
I understand the theory but have the switch in front of me I screw the end of the switch in its travel is reduced ( when popping back out ) , i screw it out it comes out all the way , cant pull the centre out ? just cant be done . so how can it be self adjusting i dont get it ??

You set the length of the switch in the unlocked position, (the grey tab in the photo above will show you the state it is currently in) by depressing the clutch, holding the switch in place by hand then releasing the clutch. The clutch will then set the length of the plunger as it comes up. You then lock the switch in place by turning it (clockwise on mine) thus locking the travel. Dont move the plunger in the locked stage as it will break the internals.

Well fitted both switchs earlier in the dark, was a piece of **** until it came to putting the dash back on lol. Anyway, i now have brake lights :), the car also seems to drive alot better having the new clutch switch, quite hard to explain but the car definately is different to drive now.
The old switchs were ******, completely shut. had to physicaly pull them out and even then they were stuck open, so they definately needed replacing.
All in all, not bad for £21 for both parts :).