Comfort of seats in sports (ambition) 8P

synthdood

Reaction score
I have just read a thread on one of the German Audi forums. There are a few people there complaining about the sports seats (I'm not talking about the S-line seats). They say that they are too narrow and not comfortable on longer trips. That surprised me, because I have not heard any negative comment on the seats at all in any of the other forums or reviews. If anything, the going opinion about the seats in most reviews is that they are actually quite good.

I've test driven an Ambition 3 door and an Ambiente Sportback and didn't notice anything wrong about the seats in both cars. My girlfriend actually commented how much she liked the sports seats. It is one of the reasons for choosing the Ambition. I'm picking up my new Sportback next Wednesday and I hope I haven't made the wrong choice.

What is your opinion the seats?

Hi synthdood, I drive over 500 miles per week including two 250 mile trips and paid extra for the leather / alcantara sports seats in my Sportback SE, they are very comfortable and haven't regretted the extra expense - I don't think you will find you have made the wrong choice.

The Audi is highly acclaimed for the quality of the seats in their latest models (A4 onwards), so I guess it's just those ex-DDR women shotputters that are complaining!

I have the leather sports seats in my Ambition A3, and I think they're great. Good side support and my buttocks don't fall asleep like their normally do in most cars after 100+ miles!

[ QUOTE ]
synthdood said:
What is your opinion the seats?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 3-door A3 Sport (Ambition) and do about 600km a week driving, the regular fabric/material seats are very comfortable even on the longest journeys, when driving from Roermond back to where I live which is a 450km round trip I dont feel the need to get out and stretch my legs...

Also, dutch motorways are nice and flat compared to the german autobahns so the ride will be less bumpy, I dont regret having them one bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Glad to hear you are all happy with the seats. Puts my moind at ease. I also have the normal cloth seats. Changed my mind about six weeks after ordering and went back to change to leather&alcantara, but unfortumately it wasn't possible anymore to change the order.