Just filled up or thought I had

Jay

Reaction score
Just been to local petrol station in my lunch break to fill up. A massive £5's worth approx 4 litres as I forgot my wallet on my desk. When I was driving back to work I noticed that the fuel gauge hasn't moved at all and the miles to empty on the dis is exactly the same. I was expecting another 25 miles atleast?

Any ideas whats happened here?

4 litres are not going to add much m8

I think this highlights the problem of getting accurate fuel consumption figures from the onboard computer.

to be honest. its been pretty accurate in the 6 years i've it.

I've just read that anything under a couple of gallons on others doesn't register.

i had the same thing a few months ago. i was dry on fuel n was in search for some momentum or vpower. I stopped at a bp on my way to fill up at tesco n put a fiver in coz my DIS said zero and the same as u it didnt move.

and the lesson here people put more fuel in lol but seriously i dont think there anything worng with the obc jay

I suspect that the OBC has a buffer which causes it to ignore small changes. Say you park on a hill or whatever, you dont want it shooting away up because some fuels sloshed to one side of the tank. You'll find it will slowly creep up.

When you make a large change like filling up properly it updates instantly instead.

Thought i'd risk it and drove home with it on empty. Managed to get another 20 miles out of it!

I suspect that the OBC has a buffer which causes it to ignore small changes. Say you park on a hill or whatever, you dont want it shooting away up because some fuels sloshed to one side of the tank. You'll find it will slowly creep up.

When you make a large change like filling up properly it updates instantly instead.

that sounds about right tbh

Anything under £10 rarely registers when already at 0 miles, i can get over 30miles or so extra when my car hits 0 as tested the other night when no petrol stations were open during an essential journey at 3am

I had this in the past, and did a bit of research into it, and found that the DIS doesn't recognise anything under 5 litres added to the tank, so your £5 is probably only about 3.5 litres or so, so it'll never recognise it!