Painting my inlet is hammerite ok to use?

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Hi all,

As above really can i use hammerite to paint my inlet without it cracking etc?

always done a good job on brake calipers but i wondered if its too hot on the inlet. Im sure AGU turbo painted his but i cant remember what with

Cheers

I would say yes, i would guess that the brake calipers get far gotter than your inlet manifold and if it is ok on them then it should be ok on the inlet. I have seen them painted before. Maybe you should use some VHT paint to be on the safe side.

well i wanted to use hammerite as then it would be the same colour blue as my brakes

Well untill someone actuall does something nobody knows, if no one else has used hammerite on there inlet then be brave and be the first, but like i said if it is fine on your brakes it should be ok on your inlet.

Give it a go, if it does crack then just scrape/sand it off and use some VHT maybe redo your calipers as well so that they are the same colour

Is it an easy job to remove your inlet? As i take it doing in situ wouldnt be a great idea.

thats it i could say im going for the classic volcano look lol

im gonna do it whilsts its in not gonna take it off. i will take all the covers off and pipes etc that will be in the way instead :)

Taking the inlet manifold off is easy. I did mine in the summer. I have the AGU modell. Not sure hammerite would be any good. It's worth a go. I used a satin black spray to do the under side but polished the top. I did post some pics up but can't remember the thread title. Your inlet manifold doesn't get all that hot but hammerite is quite thick stuff. I'd give it a go still, having it match your calipers would be cool to see.

Ah so a bit of spray paint should do the job? I got some matt black from when i done my front grill and cold feed tip.

Polishd mani's look awsome:) get me some of that one day!lol