Front Mount

S3 Sly

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the suitability of this front mount to use on my S3 with what will be a stage 2 remap, downpipe, badger tip etc., I bought it several months ago rather cheap but it does seem small compared to the forge item. They says it's good for 375 brake.

SEAT LEON CUPRA R Lower Front Mount Intercooler Kit

375hp LOL... I think not mate... even the Forge one isn't really suitable for that power level...

Look in the stickies for FMIC advice... if you don't plan going beyond stage 2 then the AH Fabs V1 (£275+ vat IIRC) FMIC will serve you fine else the V2 or Welly cooler...

<tuffty/>

That looks around the same size as the eBay ones. As tuffty said. I doubt it will be much effective with anything more than stage 2.
No way will it handle 375. Youll be lucky if it can handle 300 imo

Looks like a good read, cheers. I fitted the autobahn one to the sccob so I'm use to pain in the **** to fit front mounts.

I reckon 280ish is the max I'll be going so I may use the autobahn 888 front mount from the Scoob, this ran 350 brake with no issues.

Subaru Impreza large Autobahn front mount FMIC intercooler core EVO Skyline etc | eBay

Just because it made 350 hp using this particular FMIC doesn't mean its right for the engine still... I made 350 hp using the AH Fabs V1 but the pressure drop across the core especially on initial spool was crazy...

It still kept things cool too but the turbo was pumping at over 2bar to get 1.4bar at the manifold...

Poorer flowing cores will suffer at higher power levels... I have been there mate...

<tuffty/>

Hmm see what you are saying, not as straight forward as bigger is better. I may go with the one I have for the time being, I don't want to throw loads of money at this car really as I only use it for the school run :)

Obviously if you are only going stage 1/2 then a Forge/AH Fabs V1 sized FMIC is fine...

The AH Fabs V1 is still available for £275+vat which is similar in price to the one you linked too... you just need to buy hoses etc...

A H Fabrications - S3 FMIC V1.

<tuffty/>

Last edited: