A6 remapping

stevieboy

Reaction score
I got a new A6 2.0 TDI about 3 weeks ago. Saw her in the showroom and I just couldn't resist. Went in for an A3, came out with an A6. I'm a salesman's dream !!

Anyway, considering the size it performs not too badly, but I'm drawn by the lure of more power and am seriously considering getting it re-mapped.

I've narrowed it down to two companies - either an Oettinger remap by RSD or a remap by AMD. Looking at the two there's quite a difference...AMD sent me some plots that show them re-mapping a 2.0 TDI to 187bhp/327lbs torque where as Oettinger get 170bhp/280lbs torque ?

Now normally more power is better but....I just kind of wonder if that's pushing the engine too far and if a front wheel drive car will be able to cope with that much power going through the wheels ?

Anyone had a 2.0 TDI remapped by AMD or RSD and can comment about the driveability ?

I'm not *really* bothered about a fuel consumption hit, but if the AMD conversion drank it like it was free...then I would be !!

Which company do you think does a better job ?

Have had a look on Revo's site, but I can't find where they say they do software for this engine. I'm thinking maybe they don't support re-mapping the 2.0 TDI yet, or maybe just haven't updated their site with the info.

Is that correct ?

Would it be worth waiting for Revo to do one if they don't, are they better than RSD and AMD ?

[ QUOTE ]
Have had a look on Revo's site, but I can't find where they say they do software for this engine. I'm thinking maybe they don't support re-mapping the 2.0 TDI yet, or maybe just haven't updated their site with the info.

Is that correct ?

Would it be worth waiting for Revo to do one if they don't, are they better than RSD and AMD ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont think Revo do it yet. Superchips also do it with around 185bhp 295ft/lbs. Also Forge and Starperformance now offer tunining via the OBDII Port.