Loud whistling on acceleration

stevewushu

Reaction score
Have a loud whistling on acceleration from the engine bay. Changed the knackered old TIP for a badger 5 a few months back but still have the loud whistle. Assuming its a boost leak?
how do I locate it? And is there a common place for a boost leak that I should check first? Charge pipe perhaps?

Sounds like a boost leak, check all the hoses both sides of the turbo, can't really tell you where exactly to check as it could be anywhere. I got the Sam problem

Hi dude, people will only tell you to get it diagnosed with vag/ross tech, vcds will show signs of boost leak, but its upto you to find sadley :doh

But common places are the pcv system under the inlet manifold. Good luck.

Sounds like a boost leak, check all the hoses both sides of the turbo, can't really tell you where exactly to check as it could be anywhere. I got the Sam problem

Ha Beat me too it. Have you checked all your pcv pipes? You have a gti dont you?

Yeah mate, I got a gti, fitted a catch tank about a year ago so the pcv system is gone. I'm going to buy so stainless clamps AMD replace everything as its only happend recently. And my forge 007 isn't as loud as before. Think ill arty from the Cai and work.my way to th throttle body.

How loud? Mine whistles. Sort of. I thought it was the turbo spooling up?

Liam

Boost leaks sound more like air escaping from a tyre in the engine bay, turbo spool is quieter than that :)

Basically with mine, it's non existent or at least very quiet at low revs in every gear. But if I plant my foot (in any gear) you get the spooling up then it gets louder and louder. Very noticeable and usually kicks in at 4k revs but only when pedal is dropped.
feels a tad slower than it "should?" (or was, maybe...)

Almost certain its a boost leak, Check for split hoses and lose jubilee clamps bud

Stainless jubilee clamps, I have zinc ones at the moment, and they are crap. If not stainless, then get some mikalor clamps