Seat ibiza turn signal relay? An upgrade for our S3s?

Splab333

Reaction score
My girlfriends '06 ibiza indicators flash about 5 times when you just touch the stalk without actually clicking them on. I've found that this is a little refinement that is a nice touch to motorway lane changes. I know that in my 2001 S3, the relay gets power when i move the stalk but won't continue to flash unless it is clicked to the on position. Is it the relay in the Ibiza that is designed to power on and off a few times from the initial signal? Or is there something else doing this? I just wondered that (if it fits) I may be able to use the different relay so it behaves the same in the S3. I need a new relay anyway as mine is sticking so I wondered if I should get the seat one? Anyone clued up on this? Thanks

I think the 8L has the relay as part of the hazard switch...
..I could be wrong though.

I think you might be right, just looking into it now

to change the subject, can these be fixed with contact cleaner?

Our relay is in the hazard switch.

You can get comfort indicators that does this.

My old A4 used to have this feature, and that was a 2001 model so dunno why it wasn't fitted to the S3's, although having said that, I'm sure my old S3 used to do it, that was a 2001 facelift with nearly every option though.

Can't see the point of these as if you accidentally catch the indicator switch whilst driving you end up with 5 flashes that don't relate to what you are doing & hence can confuse other drivers as you can't cancel them.

My old A4 B6 did the 3 flash thing and it is quite useful.

When i moved bak to the S3 i now tend to just hold the stalk so it flashes whilst i overtake etc rather than click it fuly into place for the same effect.

Ha, thanks :) I may have to get some other issues sorted first though at £44 :)

I have this feature in our works VW Caddy, when I get back in to my S3 I have the habit of only flashing my indicators once.
Could do with this upgrade myself.