New Audi Roadjet Concept car

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Audi have released details of a new Roadjet concept car with a 3.2 300hp engine and a new 7-speed longitudinal DSG gearbox at the the detriot Motor Show.

See further details here

The rear and overall shape is very Alfa Brera.

maybe it hints and some of the goodies we can expect on the new S3

Yup,very nice.
Nose area is very reminiscent of the new Lexus 200,which isn't a bad thing.

I'm liking that a lot... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I like. Not too sure on the interior tho. Looks a bit Saab-ish!

Nice, a lot better than the shooting brake concept.

looks very nice, hope they make a 2 door version, then i can totaly skip the little S3 engine and move onto the 3.2 300BHP FSI engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif job done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
looks very nice, hope they make a 2 door version, then i can totaly skip the little S3 engine and move onto the 3.2 300BHP FSI engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif job done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope they make a better job of it than on the 150bhp Fsi engine,otherwise it'll be the most feeble 300bhp you've ever driven !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Nice brakes.
audiroadjetconcept07s.jpg

The concept artwork looks much more exciting - more aggressive, more "presence". Much as I loved the look of the new A3/Sportback it's rapidly fading into becoming the "generic hatchback" shape. The new Astra and Focus aren't THAT disimilar in their basic shape and the Roadjet doesn't seem to break from the mould in the way that say the new Civic does.

Not sure I like the new civic. Bit like a battlestar galactica robot or something. Seems to busy especially at the rear. Also not a big fan of digital speedos.

built in expresso machine!!! whats next, condom machine above the back seat?

I thought there was a hint of 1 series down the sides too, but think it actually looks quite peachy,

It's in Autocar this week. Same pictures though.

Personally, I think it just looks like a re-skinned Sportback, even down to they way the front air scoops at the bottom of the bumper are almost the same shape as the current S-line bumpers. For a concept car it just looks too familiar.

Also more details in today's Auto Express. It seems it's intended to replace the A4 rather than the A3.

They normaly produce these to see how people react to certain design details etc. I think it looks stunning. It's very Q7 and seems to be the way Audi are going, sharper more focused design.

I wish they would keep to the sketches, very sexy - high waistline with small windows.

[ QUOTE ]
A number plate's gonna ruin it.
It's very conservative for a concept car

[/ QUOTE ]

Numberplates ruin the styling of any car.
Just look at the 156,for example.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it looks quite cool on the 156, very italian

[/ QUOTE ]

It never bothered me when I owned a 156,but the size of front plate required for the UK market definitely gave them a bit of a headache !