Insurance

wilko

Top Gear
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for car insurance for my a3, the best quote I've had so far is about £600 (from privilege) with 4 years no claims and then they are protected. I'm only 26 as well. And I'm looking for someone to "Quote me happy"!! But know one seems to want too... anyone had any nice suprises when being quoted for insurance lately, or no anywhere where there is a whopping discount for owning an Audi?!?!

I'm 33, max no claims but do have 9 points on my license and I pay £404 or something close. That includes bussiness use to more than one place of work but not for carrying samples which is quite handy as I'm not a sales rep. Also includes Claire (27) and she has 6 points on her license. I have unrestriced mileage and it is garaged over night.

Try www.confused.com they do all the hard work so you don't have to...

im 35,full no claims,no garage, but off road,£365.40 with admiral.

I'm 29, female, full no claims, clean license but live in city centre so car is parked on road overnight and I do around 12k miles a year. Insured with Admiral for £344 that's with £100 voluntary excess (+£50 compulsary) and guaranteed NCB. Alloys and bodykit declared. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Privilege came close too.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 29, female, full no claims, clean license but live in city centre so car is parked on road overnight and I do around 12k miles a year. Insured with Admiral for £344 that's with £100 voluntary excess (+£50 compulsary) and guaranteed NCB. Alloys and bodykit declared. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a woman on this forum... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

ps... try greenlight and adrian flux for insurance, they both seem pretty good on price and mods etc.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif Yes, yes... I know my post may not be relevant to most of you here but there might be some other ladies lurking!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried Sheila's Wheels ?

They've knocked spots off the others for the wife's insurance this year (gets renewed in March).

She is with Privilege,currently at £224.00.

Sheila's Wheels only want £180.00 and they offer certain free 'women only' incentives,like £300 for the theft of a handbag etc. ( I believe the industry standard is £100 ).

I couldn't give a monkey's though,I just care about the £64 saving !

For that sort of saving,I'd shave my back,sack and crack and call myself Barbara. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif Yes, yes... I know my post may not be relevant to most of you here but there might be some other ladies lurking!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, No... Please post whether relevant or not the more the merrier I say, I am however still having to try and pick myself up off the floor from the shock! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

And bowfer ... I'm a bloke!! Sheila's Wheels is strangly for Sheila's!!

There's always one!!

Thanks everyone tho for the input!!

And yes missm is a 29yo FEMALE with an A3 who uses this forum! Y is that so strange?!

lol @ Barb.., sorry, Bowfer! I haven't tried Sheila's Wheels but will definitely give them a go now - thanks for the tip. Now I must go and try and get that annoying song out of my head!

[ QUOTE ]
And yes missm is a 29yo FEMALE with an A3 who uses this forum! Y is that so strange?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been looking at the forum for over 2 years and spend (waste if you will) quite a bit of time looking at the site and I don't remember seeing a woman post anything on this site for a very long time!

As I said, I've no problem with women being into cars - the more the merrier, however it does seem very rare on this site.

[ QUOTE ]
the more the merrier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Anyone else got a mental picture of missm in their heads now?

No, just me then.

Petrol-head ladies, gotta love them...... or should that be diesel-head?

Glad to have you on board.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[ QUOTE ]
And bowfer ... I'm a bloke!! Sheila's Wheels is strangly for Sheila's!!

There's always one!!

Thanks everyone tho for the input!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at whose quote I used in my message.

I wasn't replying to you.

Yes,there is always one.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
mmmmmm, Tanya.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Steady /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Really sorry Wilko... seem to have hijacked your thread here!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Don't worry about it I wont take it personally! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmmmmm, Tanya.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Steady /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Down boy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

Anyhow there was only tanya and audi girl I can think of seeing posts from of the top of my head.

Don't want to go scaring missm away now do you - although I bet she's not the easily scared type!

Thread well and truely hijacked - however I think this is far more interesting than insurance

Come on you Petrol owners - let me know how much you guys (girls as well, imagine that!) are paying. These soot chuckers seem to get a good deal compared to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yet another advantage for owning a diesel !

No quite in the same age bracket as most of you but...

58 years old
Maximum No Claims - protected
6 points
Wife (59) also included.
18,000 miles / year SDP - no business use.
£307.55 with Allianz Cornhill thro' the RAC

Well I'm 24, male, 4 years no claims (protected), slightly modded (not performance yet) S3 owner and paying £668 with Adrian Flux, not sure how good my post code is anymore as there has been some car crime near me. They only want an extra £100 for a remap too. Greenlight were pretty close but wouldn't protect my no claims, but would cover track days for £85 a go so if they protect my no claims next year I'll be going with them.

Just done mine through the Post Office following their ad campaign. Couldn't find cheaper.

£440 and then you get £50 cash back = £390. Underwritted by Norwich Union.

I'm 40, 6 points, 4 yrs NCB protected, garaged, Class 1 business use and 22k / year. Walsall post code (not good and I'm miles from ****** Walsall!)

Old insurance was with Elephant and they wanted £671 without protected ncb and that was only over 10 months with their 'bonus accelerator' - must have been their bonus 'cause it sure wasn't mine!

BTW - I work for one of the biggest insurance companies in the world and even with my staff discount they couldn't get near the quote from the PO......

Yet again no-one could touch direct line for me.

In the last 12 months i've got 3 points for speeding and a separate 2 week ban for speeding. Confused.com put at least £1000 on for these offences.

Direct line just put £150 on, making £700. A bargain for the details below:

33yrs
3 points + ban
car group 17
on street parking
25k mile per year
Full business use
In central-south Manchester area (one of the top loadings in the UK)

No one else even came within £500 of them (many even refused to quote due to my ban)

[ QUOTE ]
Just done mine through the Post Office following their ad campaign. Couldn't find cheaper.

£440 and then you get £50 cash back = £390. Underwritted by Norwich Union.

I'm 40, 6 points, 4 yrs NCB protected, garaged, Class 1 business use and 22k / year. Walsall post code (not good and I'm miles from ****** Walsall!)

Old insurance was with Elephant and they wanted £671 without protected ncb and that was only over 10 months with their 'bonus accelerator' - must have been their bonus 'cause it sure wasn't mine!

BTW - I work for one of the biggest insurance companies in the world and even with my staff discount they couldn't get near the quote from the PO......

[/ QUOTE ]

A word of warning regards the Post Office, they renew your insurance unless you tell them in writing that you do not want to renew and if you paid by credit card they have continuous authority on the card and will take next years money without any warning come renewal time. I know from experience with my partners car.... I would never, ever, ever use the Post Office for any products or services other than delivering mail.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

do they actually deliver mail?!?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
they renew your insurance unless you tell them in writing that you do not want to renew and if you paid by credit card they have continuous authority on the card and will take next years money

[/ QUOTE ]

If they quote as competitively next year they can have the money now!
Seriously, there is now a box to tick saying you don't want them to renew without asking.

Also, I rarely have the same credit card for a year anyway....The missus always melts them..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif