996tt brakes which way round?

S3dave1990

Reaction score
Hiya sorry to post another brake thread but I've got a 996t setup 996 351 429/30 calipers which side goes where I read that they need reversing so that the 36mm piston is at the top but that leaves the bleed nipple at the bottom?
Cheers
dave

A silly thought Dave but are you putting the calipers on the correct side/hand? Please double check.

However, whatever you've been told, air always rises to the TOP and that's where the bleed point/nipple (could be a sexist word now but I don't care) MUST be, at the TOP. Hope this helps, and good luck... :thumbsup:

Reactions: S3dave1990 and jojo
Thanks for the reply matey, went ahead and put them on with bleed nips on the top as like you say air rises hence the confusion with contradicting info, they're on now need running in but first thoughts are awesome! A nice bite around town and when you really slam them on its face changing

Cheers again
Dave

your opening post is correct Dave.

they do need reversing, so that the smaller piston is at the top.
This is because on the porsche, the calipers trail behind the axle. On the S3 they lead in front of the axle, so you need to flip them over.

The calipers should be swapped side to side for the correct piston arrangement, but as you say, this puts the nipples at the bottom.

You'll notice that the bleed nipples and crossover points are identical, the calipers are the same top and bottom.

Simply remove the bleed nipples and crossovers, and swap them over :) job done

Damn it!
Cheers prawn I thought about doing that aswell, looks like there back off and done again tomorrow
Cheers
Dave

Sorry Dave! It'll be for the best :)

They'll work upside down, but will perform best swapped over