Gearbox Oil

bigal23

Reaction score
what is grade is audi gearbox oil for an a3 tdi Quattro? as I can not find a definite answer and audi carnt or wont tell me

You won't find the same anywhere 75-90 is probably close but it's the additives that mess with its viscosity , just buy genuine its only £14 per litre for genuine stuff and you need 2.2l I think

You won't find the same anywhere 75-90 is probably close but it's the additives that mess with its viscosity , just buy genuine its only £14 per litre for genuine stuff and you need 2.2l I think
where are you getting it from at £14 per litre???? my dealer saying £20

gearbox oil for my 02q s3 gearbox , sound about right from the dealer i get good rates on stuff through tps due to account size

Etka says about £15.70 plus vat

I don't know, I've looked into this before quite in depth and they seem to be an entirely bespoke specification of oil that can only be closely matched and not in all areas, never completely substituted.

The oils are replicated by Fuchs etc with the benifit of different viscosity choices as recommended specs but not approved specs as the fee to submit samples are large , given the reduced profit from low volume gearbox oil sales there are very few approved manufacturers unlike high volume 504.00/507.00 engine oil.