35w Hid Kit

Danj85

Reaction score
Hi guys I've searched he net for an answer but struggling to find any information. I've seen loads of posts regarding 50w aftermarket hid kits blowing wiper motors etc. My question is has anyone fitted a 35w kit without a problem? I bought a kit from euro car parts and it states it's 35w

I think the wattage is pretty much irrelevant in this situation, the problem centres around EMF from the high tension leads that serve the bulb.

I have installed a 55w canbus kit in my wife's car and have screened the high tension cables with steel braided sleeving and aluminium wrap, followed by poly overbraiding ,so far so good...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/a3-hid-kits.210987/

Dave

Last edited:
To be honest I bought them blind so really don't know if it'd worth the risk. They are made by ultra and are the 35w 8000k version

Could have bought ring automotive 120%+ bulbs no legality issues and power issues £12.50 off ebay

To be honest I bought them blind so really don't know if it'd worth the risk. They are made by ultra and are the 35w 8000k version
I blew mine up with a 35w hid kit from euro car parts dotn fit them, i ended up putting it in my van (sprinter) land i bought Xenons for myself

Put them in your fogs instead im gonna buy one for my fogs but need h11 as s line fogs

I had a 35w 6000k on my car, lasted me probably a good 4 days and then it blew the motor.
Now I got myself a pair of Philips Blue Vision Ultra and they're pretty nice, gives a nice white light

My first 8P i had the expert HIDS4U "guaranteed to not blow my wiper motor" kit, blew it in a week.

Reactions: shwrb and peaky83
I should t say this as it will got tits up as I type, but it has been 6 months and no issues so far.

Dave