Standard Dog Bone Bushes

Buster

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part numbers for the 2 bushes in the dog bone, I have got the powerflex bushes in at the moment but want to go back to the standard ones.

Or would anyone have them lying about after they upgraded.

You can only buy the whole thing new...not just the bushes.

RIch

I've got the whole ECS kit from rich and all three bushes are fitted to my car (which isn't advised) and the vibrations from the engine are there but there is much less engine movement, also made gearchanges better, I'd probably only fit the two large bushes for ease is doing it again though.

Anyone local to me who is looking to upgrade want to swap their standard one for the Powerflex one.

Audi want £66 for the complete assembly

Only changing back cos the judder/vibrations when moving slowly in traffic are doing my head in

My car's just for weekends these days so sitting in traffic isn't something I have to worry about. I'd be up for a swap, but it'll have to wait till the start of next week - car's kinda busy till then.

[ QUOTE ]
Will the standard ones fit the Focus? Heh, sorry if I've taken your sale Grant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]How do you mean will they fit a Focus?

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, sorry if I've taken your sale Grant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
No probs... I'll add it on to the price for the VAG-COM cable, and Supersprint exhaust! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do you mean will they fit a Focus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, thread-jacking with private jokes. Imola S3 is soon to be Imola TDi Focus!

[/ QUOTE ]
Imola_S3 soon to be Panther_Black_Focus_TDCi

Needs must - mortgages are expensive! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Panther Black? You'll need a new avatar...

pantherlogo.gif

I think I'll stick with Thomas The Tank Engine!

The oil burner will chuck out as much smoke and go as fast as a toy train!

Have you lived with the vibrations for a while? I found they've got a lot better sinse they were first fitted, also the engine seems to learn a slightly higher (very slightly) idle to make it less noticable on my car and I've got the full nasty set that's supposed to be harder than the powerflex ones?

ps.. I also noticed that for my first post I totally missed your question mainly because I'm a tw@t!

Some people over tighten the done bone bushes, this creates alot of vibration.

Torque them correctly and they aren't that bad. Are yours looking a bit squished?

[ QUOTE ]

Torque them correctly and they aren't that bad. Are yours looking a bit squished?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what the correct torque setting are??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what the correct torque setting are??

[/ QUOTE ]
Until you can tighten it no more!

[ QUOTE ]
Until you can tighten it no more!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope that's the problem your not supposed to over tighten the stretch bolts along the axis of the mount if that makes sense as it will effect how the mount behaves!

When I say "torque correctly" you don't necessarily need to torque it to factory spec. You just need to go enough so it won't undo but not tighten too much.

You'll know when you pull it apart what I mean.