h&r or eibatch sportline lowering springs?

toddy466

Reaction score
hi guys just looking for some advise on which springs are best for my 2007 a3 2.0 tdi, ive heard good reviews on both. the h&r are supposed to be a nice smooth ride not too hard and same with the eibatch so if anyone has any of these brands and would like to share your oppinions that would be great !

This topic has been discussed thousands of times in the past in other forums/threads on different websites. A quick search on your side will give you all the information you need.It depends on what look you are going for and what ride is acceptable for you. You haven't even said whether you have the SE or Sport spec which will make a different to the amount the car will be lowered on the newer springs.

H&R generally ride harder than the Eibachs. If you want a car that's noticeably lower and don't mind a harder ride I'd go for the Eibach Sportlines.

As above, the Eibach's tend to be a little more comfortable compared to the H&R springs.

The H&R springs also give a level stance where as the EIbach Sportline is slight nose down.

Damian @ DPM Performance

ok thanks guys and its the SE model so its sitting quite high at the moment! think ill go for the eibatch as i like the nose down look

ok thanks guys and its the SE model so its sitting quite high at the moment! think ill go for the eibatch as i like the nose down look
Dpm are having black Friday deals today, so may be worth a look see if you can save some £££'s Think you have to enter blackout at checkout stage, just check though.

Reactions: DPM
You should also budget for some shortened shockers too, due to the SE spec suspension, bilstein b8's are designed to work with the eibach sportline springs, the bilstein b12 kit contains all of the above

I have eibach pro on mine and the front is very slightly down, they are spot on and definately improve the handling, cant comment on H&R though

I also have the Eibach pro set up. The ride height and comfort was similar to the original Sport set up, however the handling was transformed. My wife thought me changing the suspension was just boys and their toys nonsense. The first time she drove it after it was done she came and said she didn't have to slow down for the bends any more. Money well spent, go for it.

Just to give you an idea of how the Eibach Sportline kit sits, I finally fitted my springs 2 days ago, the ride will take a little getting used to as the standard S-line suspension is solid, this is also solid but in a different way. Are you after looks or comfort?

abdc39e323825a7788c37fbd7d1e4610.jpg

i've had eibach sportline on my car before and they are very good. tend to me more comfort friendly than h&r in my experience, whilst giving equal performance gain