A3 8p 3-door 3.2 V6 Quattro (2004) - exhaust options

Gurrr

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had the car a few weeks and testing the waters as to which exhaust to get.
I dont want to mess around too much with this car. Want something that unleashes the V6 sound but not boy racer!

I asked about a Remus but was told that UK Remus does not list a back-box for mine
Milltek some have said is too quiet - i had this on my Mk4 Golf 1.8T.
Supersprint seems rather pricey
Dont want to do any flapper mod
Custom cat back? Can get one made locally but heard a few horror stories.
Dont want to mess around with what is already a high maintenance car.
Your thought would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Hi Gurrr, I've only had mine a few weeks too but think the exhaust on it is perfect, not sure what it is but pretty sure it would be a standard one. I think anymore than the sound it makes would definitely be over the top. Maybe I should check for sure whats on it!

Luckily, I bought my one lowered, fitted with 18" CH's and a full Powerflow exhaust. There is no noticeable difference at tickover but it sounds beautiful once it starts to breathe a bit.
I don't think Powerflow is all that expensive compared to some other brands but, for what you get, which is built to your spec, it is a nice piece of pipework.
I probably won't do much else to my one, it's pretty much where I want it.
(Well, for now).....:w00t:

Hmmm,
I'll check out Powerflow.
Want a nice note at idle and to unleash the V6 noise on throttle. But not one that just growls whilst cruising around!
Any issues with custom exhausts?
Back box or cat back? Dont want it to throw up any faults. I know either way its not gonna add any power changes but just a little easier to breathe and a sportier note.

Hmmm,
I'll check out Powerflow.
Want a nice note at idle and to unleash the V6 noise on throttle. But not one that just growls whilst cruising around!
Any issues with custom exhausts?
Back box or cat back? Dont want it to throw up any faults. I know either way its not gonna add any power changes but just a little easier to breathe and a sportier note.
From what I found out, you tell them what you want and they build it for you.
My radio is all but redundant now, I just listen to the note from the exhaust.
;)

I've got scorpion sport cats (fitted due to a leaky exhaust) and milltek cat back. When I first got the car I didn't even know it had the milltek on. It's not very loud, just a nice little note at idle when accelerating - never sounds very loud, nothing to compare to as I've never heard the standard exhaust. I was tempted to get the middle silencer removed but changed my mind, I like a subtle exhaust note.

I have a Magnaflow with sports cats and it sounds lovely. Imported from the US of A!