Croft today

Allman45

Reaction score
Anyone at croft today?

Weather is splendid.. Jokes.

Quattro test anyone? ;)

Sep track
As it happens, I was. !

On track at 10.30, freezing and soaking wet with some mahoosive puddles right on the apexs.

If i'm honest, I just controlled/drifted/powerslid ****** everywhere it was bendy! Magic fun!! :):)

Got overtaken by a yellow Renault thingy in the ABSOLUTELY no overtaking zone, he just drifted past as I dozed.... (well done, I wish I'd thought of it whilst being held up by slower cars.)

If the pic comes out, that's me in a vain attempt at catching him. Well played. :respekt:

Reactions: Compkiler
View attachment 58063 As it happens, I was. !

On track at 10.30, freezing and soaking wet with some mahoosive puddles right on the apexs.

If i'm honest, I just controlled/drifted/powerslid ****** everywhere it was bendy! Magic fun!! :):)

Got overtaken by a yellow Renault thingy in the ABSOLUTELY no overtaking zone, he just drifted past as I dozed.... (well done, I wish I'd thought of it whilst being held up by slower cars.)

If the pic comes out, that's me in a vain attempt at catching him. Well played. :respekt:

Which one is you mate? That megane was 350 bhp

Yeah, Shark Stg1, CAI and catback. Before the catback it dyno'd at 318, so maybe an extra pony or two.
But then there's dynos and dynos, so who knows?

There's something a bit scary about taking your real car onto an open day track (dominated by incredibly enthusiastic young peeps!), not knowing if you've got a complete radgie up yer chuff! :weight lift2:

:)

Reactions: Allman45
I'd love to do it put I'd be worried about ****** me engine up and also someone hitting me or vice versa

I was there also, that megane pretty quick!
Few pictures of me on track slaying some Scoobies...

11143342 646825645448239 3094055927556413804 n
11008795 646825538781583 5471120097896958452 n

Reactions: COSTA_P, Allman45 and Compkiler
S3's FTW!

Looks good. I take it you were out in the afternoon?

What are you running power wise?

Last edited:
View attachment 58063 As it happens, I was. !

Is that a vectra infront of you to the right?seriously why bother with a vectra doesnt even look like a gsi? I've done a few track days on my bike was fine till the red mist appeared and out broke myself and sent it end over end ,not been brave enough to take the s3 if be to scared someone in a Saxo would go in the back of me

Yeah, I was on the track at 2:50. Was pretty dry by then with a few puddles here and there.

Power wise is roughly 360bhp with the APR stage 2 map. And my brakes are completely standard... They're completely fried now, so I'm on the hunt for a new set up haha.

AP coilovers and whiteline adjustable drop links, at the minute. Front and rear whiteline ARB's are on the shopping list too.

Is that a vectra infront of you to the right?seriously why bother with a vectra doesnt even look like a gsi? I've done a few track days on my bike was fine till the red mist appeared and out broke myself and sent it end over end ,not been brave enough to take the s3 if be to scared someone in a Saxo would go in the back of me

Dunno to be honest (the Vectra?). The way the entries were set up was in BHP classes, a pal booked me on but I think the class was 250-350bhp or thereabouts.

It was a good day tbh, pretty friendly and not much by way of dumbo driving - but I defo get what you mean, and no insurance.:scared2:

Dunno to be honest (the Vectra?). The way the entries were set up was in BHP classes, a pal booked me on but I think the class was 250-350bhp or thereabouts.

It was a good day tbh, pretty friendly and not much by way of dumbo driving - but I defo get what you mean, and no insurance.:scared2:
A vectra with 250bhp Jesus bets that's fun in the corners lol if u smash it up yourself what u do is drag outside the track then claim lol what they use to do on the bikes was send u out in groups and through the day separate you out by lap times and watching u on track so after a few sessions you had some good equal ish groups

My b
Yeah, I was on the track at 2:50. Was pretty dry by then with a few puddles here and there.

Power wise is roughly 360bhp with the APR stage 2 map. And my brakes are completely standard... They're completely fried now, so I'm on the hunt for a new set up haha.

AP coilovers and whiteline adjustable drop links, at the minute. Front and rear whiteline ARB's are on the shopping list too.

Trackdays are hard on cars.
Fair play to that Laguna, it was seriously skelped from morning till mid afternoon, as I left.

A good atmosphere, I thought...

You drove that well! (always on the lookout for S3's)

There was some serious bhp in that round.

Thought the GT3 was a bit of a let-down and only saw the other 911 driven in anger for 1 lap, then back to driving miss daisy ***.

Any moments? :)

Cheers, ive drove that track 3-4 times now that was my first time in the S3, only owned it for about 3 months. Never really had any moments tbh i outbraked myself a few times at the end of the straights but thats about it. I was amazed at how well the S3 handled on standard shocks/springs, ill still be upgrading them in time for my next outing on track mind hahaha!

I'm going cat back resonated Miltek to old to handle the drone from the non resonated now days,has anyone seen any figures comparing cat back vs turbo back with sports cat? Also y111 does it trip any eml with the full?

Is yours manual? Any pops changing gear?

S-Tronic. So it gets the "DSG Fart" on gear changes.

I'm going cat back resonated Miltek to old to handle the drone from the non resonated now days,has anyone seen any figures comparing cat back vs turbo back with sports cat? Also y111 does it trip any eml with the full?

No EML with the exhaust mate