143 tdi clutch ??

s200uk

Reaction score
Hi guys
I've been having a bit of trouble in the mornings getting the car to start it keeps displaying press clutch to start Although the clutch pedal is already down i have to push the clutch hard into the carpet to get it to start.
We have found that it's getting harder to select 1st and reverse first thing in the mornings but other then a very slight bearing whine when the clutch is fully pressed there is no indication (slip judder etc) that the clutch is knackered.
what do you guys think ?
Its a 2008 caga with jjg gearbox done 85k

The clutch position sensor and clutch pedal switch for engine start are all integrated into the clutch master cylinder according to ELSA WIN.
Bit of a daft question but do you have mats in the car and if so are they the correct OE ones.
When I bought my car I noticed that the pedal had to be pushed right into the carpet when starting the car. On investigation I found the mats which were genuine Audi ones were for a LHD car. There is a cutout for the pedal rest which is obviously on the wrong side in my car for the mats fitted. A small cut in the drivers side mat allowed the mat to fit better.
If it's not a mat issue then I suspect it's likely to be something to do with the clutch master cylinder.

Karl.