Axa car insurance ?

S32B

Reaction score
So anyone had dealings with them? I did a Google search but it's a mixed bag of reviews, so thought I'd ask other S3/A3 drivers here how they find them.

It's that time of the year again and they seem to do a good quote, all bells and whistles cover & extras including a higher upgrade car (if needed) with a total excess of £300. Comes in an £304.

So anyone had dealings with them? I did a Google search but it's a mixed bag of reviews, so thought I'd ask other S3/A3 drivers here how they find them.

It's that time of the year again and they seem to do a good quote, all bells and whistles cover & extras including a higher upgrade car (if needed) with a total excess of £300. Comes in an £304.

They are pretty good. Through my work I deal with many insurers and I now know who to avoid.....

For me is to all about who it will end up with for a repair if you do need to claim. I am happy to pay slightly more for this peice of mind. Have had a few nightmares over the years with insurers "approved" bodyshops being total rubbish and basically doing bad paint jobs. For 99% of people the approved bodyshop work will be fine. For me (who is super, super, super fussy) I want the car to go to a body shop that I know will do a superb job (my local dealer paint shop).

My experiences of MoreThan, Direct Line and Churchills own body shops horrific work made me go for the last few years with Audi insurance who obviously will take the car to an Audi dealer for repairs.

However, Audi gave me a ridiculous renewal quote of £700 for a car I do 2000 miles in a year. So I have gone with AVIVA who let you choose where you want the car to go after an accident too but for £370. Cheapest I could get even when doing comparison sites etc.

AVIVA are an excellent insurer and I know for a fact look after their customers during a claim.

They are worth a look....

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I'm with Aviva at the moment :) Not had their renewal quote yet!

Reactions: Pulp84
I was with Aviva at one point but then at renewal they were really high and would not match cheaper quite or budge on price at all.

It baffles me ... They all offer great deals for the first year then ALWAYS put the price up 2nd year so you're forced to trawling the market again and potentially switching.

Does my head in, why can't they just reward loyal customers ?

Reactions: ammo-mcr and Pulp84
I have been with Esure for years as they give you class 1 business cover by default and come renewal time they always get within a few £'s of the best quotes I get on the various comparison sites. When I swapped the cover over to my 8V mid term they even waived the admin fee.

Thanks for the reply, I'm with Aviva at the moment :) Not had their renewal quote yet!

I posted as I know the quality of paint work is important to you! :tonguewink: If you make a claim this stuff is important! I

I prefer paying a few ££ more for peice of mind. Hopefully your renewal quote will be competitive!

Last edited:
Reactions: S32B
I did a quick Compare the Market trawl last weekend for our car, basically when we moved house and changed to the 8v from the 8P we stayed with Admiral/Diamond but premium shot up, even though we moved from a high crime postcode to one of the lowest in the UK.
Cheapest quote this time was from Performance Direct (underwritten by AXA) at £535 with all mods declared, compared to £700 on a standard car at the moment!
My wife is an underwriter and is happy with AXA from her industry knowledge, and I'm happy with PD as they've been around forever and have always had a decent reputation.

I just done a renewal search on comparethemarket and confused and my insurance has gone up by £100, what on earth is going on???
from £350 to £450
If anything I have an extra year of NCB and driving experience

I have been with Esure for years as they give you class 1 business cover by default and come renewal time they always get within a few £'s of the best quotes I get on the various comparison sites. When I swapped the cover over to my 8V mid term they even waived the admin fee.

I've been with esure the last 2 years.

Last year though price went up for renewal - did compare market they were in top 3 lowest !!! ... They then 'matched' their on line price ... this saved me switching but was still annoying they try & con you each year by staying loyal to them without shopping around and out the premium UP by default ... I've never known it go down the last 10/15 years ?

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
I posted as I know the quality of paint work is important to you! :tonguewink: If you make a claim this stuff is important! I

I prefer paying a few ££ more for peice of mind. Hopefully your renewal quote will be competitive!

Very important ;)

Just had a quote from Aviva, last year £302, this year EVERYTHING the same plus an extra years NCB = £621 :D

I called them and they said call back closer to the end date of the current policy!!! Strange as their quotes last 60 days and the renewal is at the start of March :blink:

This made me smile on the drive app report:

IMG 3140

My drive app score was down on last year by .5, when I called I explained that last time I used it I was in a diesel 4x4, now I'm in a high performance car that accelerates to the speed limits fast without even trying :D

Doesn't help that the UK is known as the whiplash capital of Europe.

In France just 3% of motor injury claims are for whiplash, in the UK the figure is 80%. Some insurers automatically pay out on all whiplash claims up to £3,000 because it is is cheaper to pay up than fight a case.

Lots of 'crash for cash' activity going on.
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/07/aviva-puts-breaks-mass-whiplash-claim-46-passengers

"Another explanation for the rise in insurance premiums is the continuing presence of insurance scams in the UK. The latest figures from the Insurance Fraud Bureau estimate Crash for Cash schemes alone cost vehicle insurers £336 million a year - figures eventually passed down to honest consumers.

Whiplash injuries are said to add another £90 to every insurance policy, and research by AA Insurance shows that 11 per cent of drivers thought it was acceptable to make a claim for an injury following a collision, even if no harm was suffered."

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...of-uk-car-insurance-jumps-over-100-in-a-year#

So the government have set up an Insurance Task Force (Autumn Statement) to clamp down on fraud:
http://fleetworld.co.uk/news/2016/J...nsurance-fraud-and-whiplash-claims/0434023290
http://www.theactuary.com/news/2016/01/insurance-taskforce-outlines-recommendations-to-combat-fraud/

I was with axa when I had someone run into the back of me on a dual carriageway. They were great to deal with,UK call centres, very professional, excellent communication, dedicated claims handlers. Compared to admiral, who my wife was with when the victim of a not at fault claim, they were fantastic to deal with.

My only concern with them was Although I only had (and have still until next weekend) a 6 month old Seat Ibiza at the time, they said they would use the nearest approved repairer which happened to be a local Vauxhall dealership. I have to say I was never convinced with the car after that, but understand most people feel the same after it's been in a major smash. Still with them and my quote for my A3 s-line 1.4 150ps is cheaper than the Ibiza, but now I'm upgrading I might be more tempted to go somewhere who lets you choose your repair centre.

They also do the 20% or so increase for repeat customers, but I ring and threaten to leave each year and get it back into an acceptable range, such an annoying process but part and parcel of the industry!

Reactions: batch, Pulp84 and S32B
Thanks for all the info guys.

I was with axa when I had someone run into the back of me on a dual carriageway. They were great to deal with,UK call centres, very professional, excellent communication, dedicated claims handlers. Compared to admiral, who my wife was with when the victim of a not at fault claim, they were fantastic to deal with.

My only concern with them was Although I only had (and have still until next weekend) a 6 month old Seat Ibiza at the time, they said they would use the nearest approved repairer which happened to be a local Vauxhall dealership. I have to say I was never convinced with the car after that, but understand most people feel the same after it's been in a major smash. Still with them and my quote for my A3 s-line 1.4 150ps is cheaper than the Ibiza, but now I'm upgrading I might be more tempted to go somewhere who lets you choose your repair centre.

They also do the 20% or so increase for repeat customers, but I ring and threaten to leave each year and get it back into an acceptable range, such an annoying process but part and parcel of the industry!

Thanks for that, good to know someone who has had to use the cover and got treated well ;)

Going to look and see if you can pay a bit more excess and opt for an Audi repair centre if the worst were to happen, I know you can with Aviva! Axa excess is less on both voluntary and compulsory so that covers the difference if you can choose.

EDIT* Yep you can choose "Please note that an additional excess of £100 will apply to all claims where you do not use our recommended repairer".

Last edited:
Reactions: batch and Pulp84
Thanks for all the info guys.

Thanks for that, good to know someone who has had to use the cover and got treated well ;)

Going to look and see if you can pay a bit more excess and opt for an Audi repair centre if the worst were to happen, I know you can with Aviva! Axa excess is less on both voluntary and compulsory so that covers the difference if you can choose.

EDIT* Yep you can choose "Please note that an additional excess of £100 will apply to all claims where you do not use our recommended repairer".
No problem!

Is that quote from axa's T's & C's? May save me switching if it is :yahoo:

Aviva seems quite expensive if you ever have to claim

£150 voluntary excess
£250 Additional vehicle excess
£200 Non-approved repairer excess

Total = £600 upfront before your car even gets repaired....

-Wtf-did-I-just-read-meme-15069.jpg

From Aviva
Non approved repairer excess
If you decide not to use one of our approved repairers, then an additional excess of £200 may be charged. Note for brokers - this excess is only applied to Personal Best policies.This excess will apply in addition to any other excesses under your policy. Aviva cannot guarantee the provision of a courtesy car or quality of repair from a non-approved repairer.

You take your chances with conveyor belt insurance bodyshops.

MoreThan's own bodyshop in Bristol repaired my old MINI JCW bonnet. Totally different shade of silver. Took three attempts to rectify it. Didnt use OEM bonnet stripes and they were cheap Chinese ones off ebay. It was enough for me to take a totally different approach to insurance.

If you have to claim stuff like this gets very important and £200 extra excess does save some pain if you have a preferred bodyshop / fussy about repairs.

As a side AVIVA let you search their approved bodyshops. So you can check for yourself who they use before you buy which is very good IMO. Wish more did this....

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3 and DH81
This is the FAQ for Audi Ensurance, a "free" Accident Management service, offered to Audi owners:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...guides-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/#post-2286171

In theory, they will take charge of your accident, and "ensure" that your insurance company uses genuine Audi parts etc. And also apparently cover the cost of "ensuring" that your car gets repaired at an Audi Approved Workshop.

So - who pays for this "free" service, courtesy cars etc.? In theory, it all gets recharged to the 'guilty' or 'liable' party - which means all our premiums rise - as we all know, there is no such thing as a 'free' lunch.

Have a read through the Ensurance threads on the FAQ - members on this forum have had varying degrees of success using Audi Ensurance.

Reactions: DH81
For some strange reason, Compare The Market quotes come in more expensive than the same quotes/companies that are on Go Compare!!!

lol, tried going direct with AXA and it was cheaper again! Plus they gave 10% discount for having a dashcam ;)

Car

Happy with that price, £300 total excess as well.

Aviva seems quite expensive if you ever have to claim

£150 voluntary excess
£250 Additional vehicle excess
£200 Non-approved repairer excess

Total = £600 upfront before your car even gets repaired....

-Wtf-did-I-just-read-meme-15069.jpg

From Aviva
Non approved repairer excess
If you decide not to use one of our approved repairers, then an additional excess of £200 may be charged. Note for brokers - this excess is only applied to Personal Best policies.This excess will apply in addition to any other excesses under your policy. Aviva cannot guarantee the provision of a courtesy car or quality of repair from a non-approved repairer.

mines coming in at £1679 :(

wow that's high then!

my mercedes amg was half the price and that was a 6.2 v8 !!!
do you have additional drivers, no claims plus protection to your policy? also you know the dashcam discount what happens if on the day you had accident you didnt have the dashcam connected? will insurance become void when making claim

I have Protected NCD, my sister as a driver, legal cover, upgraded courtesy car, £250 voluntary excess.

Not sure about the dashcam question.

I just did a quick quote without my sister on it and it came out at £450 on the new FL S3. That's a big jump, think my sister on it brought it down by £20, so £430 from £284 last year!

This is new from last year as well, they have spread the NCD over 20 years!

Screenshot secureaxainsurancecom 2016 10 14 11 50 44

I have Protected NCD, my sister as a driver, legal cover, upgraded courtesy car, £250 voluntary excess.

Not sure about the dashcam question.

I just did a quick quote without my sister on it and it came out at £450 on the new FL S3. That's a big jump, think my sister on it brought it down by £20, so £430 from £284 last year!

This is new from last year as well, they have spread the NCD over 20 years!

View attachment 106770

thats still brilliant price for the year !!! i will see what price i get with another driver and and lower excess

Yeah I suppose so when you think all car insurance has gone up!

Just for a heads up, my home insurance with Aviva is up for renewal next month! I did a like for like quote using AXA and they came in at £100 less! seems like very good cover as well.

Homesafe is their top cover and has most things as standard, if you go for a lower cover level and then add a couple of the 'extras' it comes to more than what the 'Homesafe' cover quote is!!!

Axa

Reactions: ammo-mcr
Yeah I suppose so when you think all car insurance has gone up!

Just for a heads up, my home insurance with Aviva is up for renewal next month! I did a like for like quote using AXA and they came in at £100 less! seems like very good cover as well.

Homesafe is their top cover and has most things as standard, if you go for a lower cover level and then add a couple of the 'extras' it comes to more than what the 'Homesafe' cover quote is!!!

View attachment 106953
my insurance went up adding additonal driver lol think axa doesnt like me :( your lucky you got a great quote for car and home insurance can you buy mine aswell lololololol

Reactions: S32B