What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I just had a qu
No suret, he's been off the board for a long time and sold his B7.
i'll look back and see, i do recal that they may also reps but they were in perfect order.
I just gander on his profile lol. Nah don't worry about it. The feelings passed now. Cheers

I opted to go with the 19" Lemans from the early C6 as they have the 57.1 CB too, i refurbed them but they were damage free.

Reactions: northpole and markthenewt
Just washed the car with soap went to the jetwash place to rinse it ( but since it's at the store i went shopping right afterwards got a full bag of groseries in 5 minutes paidfor and done) but because i needed something from the kiosk and one stupid woman decided to save up 125 pounds worth of several clothing items that she wanted to return... this than slowed down the complete process at the kiosk and instead of just getting one person to do returns they decided to just help people how they where standing inline ( most of them with returns i might add) i stood there for 30 minutes before it was my turn. I mentioned to them that they should devide the job when it's that busy in 2 lines one for returns the other for buying stuff.... Seriously some people that work at supermarkets are so thick, and stuck in their ways ... I'll deffo put a complaint in coming Monday. Anyway this is why i now have to deal with getting rid of the watermarks( which is a royal PITA)

Last edited:
This is why I like these, I can do the final rinse with just an open hose from the vessel and even in cooking July sun I can simply walk away.
The hard water here is insane, so nasty.
You can tell when the resin needs changing as you start getting very small easy to remove spots...that's my signal.
I have an electronic TDS water tester, tap water here is about 260 PPM, and when you put fresh resin into the vessel it goes to 0 parts per million.

I only really use it in the warmer months.

I would never run this vessel in line on it's way to my Kranzle, if anything went wrong and the resin beads got into the Kranzle then that could be a very bad day. So I just put the end on the garden hose into it, then a 10 metre length of hose to rinse with.

The TDS meter was also handy when I re-gassed my A/C in the Passat, it's also a thermometer I could hold in front of the vents :yes:

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TDS-Meter-Digital-Water-Tester/dp/B0BBSW45P3

Last edited:
I'm a bit put out this afternoon.
On a random FB marketplace snoop i came across a set of 4 B7 rs4 alloys in mint condition, seller just wanted to move them on for space, £200.
I had to go to Sainsbury's on a spur-of-the-moment mission when I got back 30 minutes later to send him a message they had disappeared, someone got a stonking bargain there.

one word, Codfanglers.... :grumpy:

Reactions: northpole
This is why I like these, I can do the final rinse with just an open hose from the vessel and even in cooking July sun I can simply walk away.
The hard water here is insane, so nasty.
You can tell when the resin needs changing as you start getting very small easy to remove spots...that's my signal.
I have an electronic TDS water tester, tap water here is about 260 PPM, and when you put fresh resin into the vessel it goes to 0 parts per million.

I only really use it in the warmer months.

I would never run this vessel in line on it's way to my Kranzle, if anything went wrong and the resin beads got into the Kranzle then that could be a very bad day. So I just put the end on the garden hose into it, then a 10 metre length of hose to rinse with.

The TDS meter was also handy when I re-gassed my A/C in the Passat, it's also a thermometer I could hold in front of the vents :yes:

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TDS-Meter-Digital-Water-Tester/dp/B0BBSW45P3

thanks for the link and if i had the luxury of an outside tap i would get it... nothing is worse than needing to get rid of the water marks.. it takes forever and with the car being phantom black, the only thing that really removes them: re-rinse and shammy dry, followed by a quick wax session. I still need to do the latter. But it looks fine for now so i might just leave it.

There are detailing products out there specifically for water spots, I haven't tried any of them though to be fair.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gyeon-Water-Spot-Remover-500ml/dp/B01CESR4YA/ref=asc_df_B01CESR4YA/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=499333735334&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1975781981070969105&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006466&hvtargid=pla-633832166117&psc=1&mcid=766d7c5a2b643f568b3822654309cf06

I'm a bit put out this afternoon.
On a random FB marketplace snoop i came across a set of 4 B7 rs4 alloys in mint condition, seller just wanted to move them on for space, £200.
I had to go to Sainsbury's on a spur-of-the-moment mission when I got back 30 minutes later to send him a message they had disappeared, someone got a stonking bargain there.

one word, Codfanglers.... :grumpy:
That would have been the deal of the century if you had managed it... act on impulse sometimes works. They are getting rarer to find ..

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
Indeedy, the phrase you snooze you loose comes to mind, not that I was snoozing .

@Matt275 I haven't tried them because i think they are expensive and if you do the math and the amount of times i was the car... plus i rather chuck some wax on it to remove them as it gives an extra layer of protection.

took delivery of new rear wheel beaing as the problem with the abs is mechnical aka the triggerring is rusted beyond saving... but got it just now and it is pouring down... a shame but if it stops early enough I'll put it on today... getting sick and tired of that error 00287 popping up and disabling the ABS system completely. Not that i drive it hard but the one day it's needed it'll probably won't work... anyways what i do is wipe it before i drive off after a good 40 min the fault pops up again. Already checked the sensor (it's fine) and the code points to the mechanical bit which is the ring anyway... will replace this one side just to get rid of the code. the other will be done too but not in a hurry.

took the daily to the IOW for a few days and Dave handled it perfectly :)

IOW Takeover
A work mate went to that in his red VW UP GTi, said he got 3rd place and a little trophy....maybe for how clean it was not sure :yes:
He showed me an aerial pic of the field, massive event which I'd never even heard of before!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
A work mate went to that in his red VW UP GTi, said he got 3rd place and a little trophy....maybe for how clean it was not sure :yes:
He showed me an aerial pic of the field, massive event which I'd never even heard of before!
It was very impressive, must have been minimum 2000-3000+ cars there . We had never heard of it but can see why it has grown in popularity.

IOW Takeover

I was there on a cycling break ,did the perimeter of the island ,had a Quick Look at the cars along the military road ,kept getting buzzed by the green and orange focus st’s lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Matt275

IOW Takeover

IOW Takeover

12a55e3857653db0585f40efaec92ff7.jpg
7c2af304d9b237690dc4df12913d2393.jpg

Reactions: ttelracs and northpole
LOL getting buzzed by green and orange focus . There were a ton of them , including me and my wife. We did have to take pity on the cyclists :)

Got a foot in both camps so i understand,was a nice unexpected bonus tbf, that military rd is a beaut eh

Got a foot in both camps so i understand,was a nice unexpected bonus tbf, that military rd is a beaut eh

The only time I cursed cyclists was on the approach to the Needles. Tight windy roads and between them and the ****** walkers made it impossible to get past them...grr. If I was a cyclist I would pretty much avoid THAT weekend, they dont call it IOW Takeover for no reason :)

The only time I cursed cyclists was on the approach to the Needles. Tight windy roads and between them and the ****** walkers made it impossible to get past them...grr. If I was a cyclist I would pretty much avoid THAT weekend, they dont call it IOW Takeover for no reason :)

We would of if we’d known ,you’ll have to let me know the dates for next year

Reactions: northpole and swisstony
We avoided the needles ,cut that part off ,had the whole island to get round and back to Ryde for the ferry at 5:45
We stayed over in Portsmouth and got the SeaCat

We would of if we’d known ,you’ll have to let me know the dates for next year

I will. Its always in May, mid may onwards but will try and remember to give you a heads up

Reactions: northpole and Jamsmoo
12a55e3857653db0585f40efaec92ff7.jpg
7c2af304d9b237690dc4df12913d2393.jpg

4a28f4c8c4b48c5f8cb09ec1e27b9203.jpg

One of my favourites of the day,_my first car was a 318 e30 so that model will always hold a special place

Reactions: Rob Avant, Charlie Farley, Matt275 and 1 other person
just dropped of the lemans to get new tyres fitted.
happy days. :thumbs up:
IMG 8319

Reactions: Gmac, markthenewt, northpole and 1 other person
I had to get the wife to load them and the tyre centre to unload them as I’m not aloud to lift anything heavy at the moment, a bit of a pain but I’ve been told I have to do what I’m told.

Just collected them so now to sort out getting them on the old bus....which might be a bit of a challenge..lol:whistle2:

I suspect some 5mm spacers are going to be needed again to counter the lower offset and front caliper clearance, still been there before so I'm not to worried about it.
Happy days. :yahoo:

Reactions: northpole and Rob Avant
got stopped while trying to replace the rear wheel bearing/hub/abs ring simply because I can't find my hex m19 socket.... I used it when I did the front driveshafts but somehow it has gone into hidding... checked all my toolboxes, after a 3 hour search I went to go and buy it from a store... not one in my town that will sell me just the one socket nope all of them have sets starting at 28 pounds or more... I just went online and bought the one socket will just have to wait until Friday before it's here, I can go ahead and replace the thing.... And it'll probably show up after I get the new one but I refuse to go through every box or pull the whole shed out to find it.

got stopped while trying to replace the rear wheel bearing/hub/abs ring simply because I can't find my hex m19 socket.... I used it when I did the front driveshafts but somehow it has gone into hidding... checked all my toolboxes, after a 3 hour search I went to go and buy it from a store... not one in my town that will sell me just the one socket nope all of them have sets starting at 28 pounds or more... I just went online and bought the one socket will just have to wait until Friday before it's here, I can go ahead and replace the thing.... And it'll probably show up after I get the new one but I refuse to go through every box or pull the whole shed out to find it.
I have a garage full of duplicates for that exact same reason. Its maddening, know you have the one thing you need, cant find it because you put it somewhere "safe" knowing you may need it. Then your brain goes thats where it is, dont forget it and then 5 secs later forgets it. You then go to the place you 'think' it was and nope so spend ages trying to find it. Cant so go and buy another. Use it and then go to put it away and **** me, right next to where you are putting the new purchase is the original one. ARGH !!!! I put it down to crap memory though in reality I blame everyone else in the house for daring to go into my garage and moving stuff when I know it was me :) Currently looking at a drawer in the tool box that has 3, yes 3 Multimeters :)

• Haha
Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
I have a garage full of duplicates for that exact same reason. Its maddening, know you have the one thing you need, cant find it because you put it somewhere "safe" knowing you may need it. Then your brain goes thats where it is, dont forget it and then 5 secs later forgets it. You then go to the place you 'think' it was and nope so spend ages trying to find it. Cant so go and buy another. Use it and then go to put it away and **** me, right next to where you are putting the new purchase is the original one. ARGH !!!! I put it down to crap memory though in reality I blame everyone else in the house for daring to go into my garage and moving stuff when I know it was me :) Currently looking at a drawer in the tool box that has 3, yes 3 Multimeters :)
I'm glad I'm not the only one... I usually have duplicates because I tend to break the tools, either by putting them in a place where they are bound to get stepped on while I'm getting up to go grab something or because I use to much force. The thing with these special bits though is they always get put in the same spot... so it must have rolled away during me putting.stuff away.. I just refuse to pull out the lot to find it.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
You know I mentioned that the RS4 was off the road because the drive belt tensioner had snapped. Well I got the garage to send me the photos as I couldnt work out what was what from their description.

This is what it should look like

079903133ak back

and this is mine !!! Absolutely staggered that a part can just snap cleanly like that.

Anyway part arrived super fast from the US this monday and I am giving some cash in hand to my daughters boyfriend as works at the same garage and can use the ramps at the weekend so he is going to remove the bumper, put it into service mode and replace, belt, tensioner and idler pulley..
So fingers crossed it is back on the road by midday this saturday.

Reactions: Gmac
Just a wash today and a coat of Collinite 845 insulator wax - goes on so thin. Great for layering a coat on every few weeks.
Brings up the Quartz Grey very nicely.

Reactions: Gmac, northpole and Charlie Farley
By the stamps yes original from new
Yes they can break the OEM ones, I've seen this on many engines not just audi engines... my mk4 GT TDI used to break the tensioner I tried oem/ expensive aftermrket and cheap aftermarket ones... you'll never geuss it but the one that lasted the longest (i owned that car for 10 years) was the el cheapo aftermarket one as they made the bit that always snapped thicker and encased the top of the shockasorber.

Now the reason why it breaks is because the little shock absorber is putting stress on the same point for years and at some point it'll break, so it's a ware item. Nothing you can do about it other than replace it with a new one... unless you can aluminium weld as it can be repaired ( but leave it long enough and it will break at that same point again) I think it's one of the reasons why most of the tensioners used on engines don't have the shockabsorber design. But these shockabsorber ones keep the belt at a constant tension regardless if the belt has stretched over time. So they are superior to the more common tensioners without the shockabsorber.

Reactions: ttelracs and Matt275