Remote central locking/CCM help

webbj

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a longtime browser, extremely grateful of all the advice on here. However I cannot seem to resolve an issue I have with my remote central locking.

Here is the story:

I purchased the car 2 years ago (56 plate A3, 2.0T) and since then the remote central locking has gone from fine to working intermittently to not working at all. In my haste/inexperience I went straight to the CCM (behind the Bose amp in the boot), removed and inspected it and all seemed fine.

One thing to note is that before removing it there was an audible click in the CCM when pressing the keyfobs, leading me to believe the keys were correctly synced. However after removing and reinstalling it there is no click when pressing the key.

I then got hold of a code reader and got error code 01134 relating the Alarm horn. Never noticed but my alarm was broken due to the NiMh batteries being knackered. This has now been replaced and the alarm works great. However the remote locking is still not working. Having read elsewhere other people with this error also had the same symptoms regarding the remote locking.

My suspicion is that removing the CCM has unsynced both keys (hence not getting a click when pressing the key.)

Has anybody encountered this previously?

Thanks!