Non-Bose/Half Amplified Amp wiring

Chrisk1993

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Fitted an after market head unit, sub and 2 amps, replaced the front speakers and tweeters.
I am trying to find the cables that run from the rear speakers to the stock amp so i can join onto them and run them to my 4 channel amp that's currently only running the fronts.
I have seen so many different wiring diagrams on google and they all say different colours, which show the + but no -, others say that the - is the higher gauge brown cable but I want to make sure it's right, has someone got a wiring diagram for this or done it themselves and has a picture or something of which cables I need.
Thanks.

Reactions: AndreasJohn
Stick a small AA battery across and see which speaker crackles?
That would require me to pin them out and test them, only thing I'm worried about is some of the cables are thick and the others are thin, the thin ones are supposed to be the speakers with one of the 3 earth's being the - for them.
was hoping someone had elsa with a diagram or had done it in case I pop it.

Audi1

Cheers buddy, I don't have any of them colors at the amp, I can see they change colours during the connections though. I'm a pita but does it have a diagram of the amp end of it?

View attachment 85605 both the 3 door and the 5 door use the same colour ,does yours even have rear speakers fitted ?
Yeah it has rear speakers, I was checking the loom in the car lll have to check the wiring inside the sub box which holds the amp as I know the colours don't match, doesn't have black or grey it. It has green yellow purple red/blue stripe and thick brown,

View attachment 85605 both the 3 door and the 5 door use the same colour ,does yours even have rear speakers fitted ?
Found the wires in the diagram on the loom, the lines on them are really faint, thanks a bunch will be running wires to the amp tomorrow. Used the old amp wiring as a base instead of cutting into the original loom.

Reactions: hollows wife