512.0 BHP Build

John@ECM-TECH

Owner
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
512.0 is a tuner joke, but seriously, my aim is 512 Bhp, I'm part collecting parts at the minute I just thought you guys/gals would be interested from the start, feedback welcome :)

Mods (booked in):
8 Pot Brembo conversion (RS5)
Discs?
CTS injection kit
Forge pully & Charge Cooler
Carbon spltter (think B8.5)
19" Allys
P3 Gauge with analogue feeds from certain sensors
New Coils *6
Eibach Lowering Springs
Custom map by me
Super charger badges OE
New mats
FULL detail

Reactions: Chris Nelson and Chop.
Sounds like a nice plan to me :rockwoot:
I'd be interested in seeing a UK dual pulley car too (hint,hint :) )

Reactions: John@ECM-TECH and Chop.
I'll be starting the the hunt for more power soon so I'm watching :)

Reactions: John@ECM-TECH
Should be close to 500 with those. May need some meth to get higher

Not to dissuade you or anyone, however we know that a remap and single pulley can reach around 470-480bhp, and then it takes a lot more hardware to achieve over 500bhp. Now although I speak as an owner with a lowly 328bhp (but I have driven a Nissan GT-R so I do know what 480bhp feels like), is the increase from say 475bhp to 512bhp noticeable enough to justify all that cost and effort?

Sounds like a nice plan to me :rockwoot:
I'd be interested in seeing a UK dual pulley car too (hint,hint :) )

Lol, it will take months to tune right unless I get lucky. There's load about with the pully?

Edit it's not dual pully Sorry.

I'll be starting the the hunt for more power soon so I'm watching :)

Hope I picked the right recipe

Should be close to 500 with those. May need some meth to get higher

We'll see I have a few secrets ;)

Not to dissuade you or anyone, however we know that a remap and single pulley can reach around 470-480bhp, and then it takes a lot more hardware to achieve over 500bhp. Now although I speak as an owner with a lowly 328bhp (but I have driven a Nissan GT-R so I do know what 480bhp feels like), is the increase from say 475bhp to 512bhp noticeable enough to justify all that cost and effort?

First of all map = £0.00

So Yes :) And it's a showcase car so an investment.

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
How difficult do you want to make this for yourself? . It seems that a lot can be made by running high octane fuel so you can pull more timing. Are the pulley uppgrades all the same ?. I presume some of them may use a slightly smaller pulley to give more boost.
512 bhp on 93 octane would be very impressive.

advance :) timing, fuel with be 99RON, if i don't make it it will be close

Reactions: xpoweruk
Does anyone want to see whole whole kit for sale in a place, assuming it works out etc.

Yes it will be expensive but with IT I can organise fiment in the NE too!

Any advice on a EGT proe and the best to fit???????????????

Yes, but it's it's calculated mate. Should not be far off stock, if at all, it's when you modify it.

Reactions: skiptowncat
Does anyone want to see whole whole kit for sale in a place, assuming it works out etc.

Yes it will be expensive but with IT I can organise fiment in the NE too!

Any advice on a EGT proe and the best to fit???????????????
Will you need 2? One for each bank.
Not sure if you need to fit them pre-cat? If so then it will be a ball ache.

Yes, I can handle the middle part with a simple device,

Outfit in Newcastle mate, really good bunch it seems.

Well if got a custom UDS datalogger for my car now, so we'll see pre and post parts, especially the chargecooler I'm interested in!

Reactions: xpoweruk and Chop.
Rough calcs I'm pushing 460-470bhp with just my map think I'll make it ;)....

Anyone know the most powerful UK B8?

The 512.0 kit will be available for a one-stop shop for purchase once complete :) with the option on fixed price fititing in the NE. The map self, will need done by Unicorn or similar we don't sell our tunes to the pubic. But we can accommodate that.

More innovation coming soon for the B8 S4 :
(APR type stuff) maybe...
Pincode start/OBD power/can lines reconnected
Immo off
Datalogger system
Boost gauge on TFT EGT etc.

I'm Looking for Capex for a sticker/mag mention or whatever if anyone is interested. It's draining me! :)

Reactions: xpoweruk and Chop.
How difficult do you want to make this for yourself? . It seems that a lot can be made by running high octane fuel so you can pull more timing. Are the pulley uppgrades all the same ?. I presume some of them may use a slightly smaller pulley to give more boost.
512 bhp on 93 octane would be very impressive.

It's not difficult! 98 RON as I said. Not a lot of people have the info we have on the car demo car.

Also boost ain't everything.

My car doesn't run the most boost compared to APR/GIAC but it sure does advance the timing at the top

My car doesn't run the most boost compared to APR/GIAC but it sure does advance the timing at the top

One way to try an lower EGT's as you can see that in their 'raw' dynos a torque cap.

What boost @ timing you runnning @ 6-7k?

3.5 litres in a full tank (makes the fuel E10)tesco 99 is E5 already

Yup,I have switchable maps

So fix the first ma you should not have knock there, the speed of the flame front should be enough Need to be a wee it it richer if it doesn't go away you've got a restriction causing high EGT and the torque limiter kicking in boos should be reduced an timing advanced.

Jesus the first one is bad.

king in.

So fix the first ma you should not have knock there, the speed of the flame front should be enough Need to be a wee it it richer if it doesn't go away you've got a restriction causing high EGT and the torque limiter kicking in boos should be reduced an timing advanced.

Jesus the first one is bad.

king in.

:)
The first link is the same map as the second,showing the difference wrong fuel makes to the timing pull etc & how the millers octane booster failed lol

:)
The first link is the same map as the second,showing the difference wrong fuel makes to the timing pull etc & how the millers octane booster failed lol
looks like det to me mate careful ...

looks like det to me mate careful ...
It was a trial to find out what the Tesco 99 would need to run the 100RON map.
The ethanol did the trick.It was just for a run at Santa Pod,I use the 98RON map usually

Project closed due to a sponsor? Anyway I'll post it somewhere else guys. Have fun :)

ok mate

Look forward to it

OK so going to reopen this, couldn't really find another site of the same caliber of members.

It's going to feature in a tuner mag once finished in a month or two+ so I'd appreciate any keen eye'd members comments.

Being a startup it's hard to justify the sponsorship hence the issue, plus I sell to tuners not you guys lol, anyway I'll proceed with this thread minus any company tech that's being developed, I'll guess you'll have to read about that..... :)

So to summarise:

2011 8.4 self tuned B8 S4 (note I DO NOT TUNE OTHERS CARS, I DO SUPPORT RICK IN THE NE FOR THIS BUT it's his tunes...)
Eibach Springs
Carbon Fibre engine over and mirror covers
RS4 8 pot setup
Pully
P3 gauge with some extra wizardry
19" RS4 style OE wheels
Target 512 BHP
Supercharger badges
Full detail
CTS intake
Charge Cooler
It's MT! with diff and ADS (no shocks)
FASH
Datalogged (custom) with road + dyno tuning
New set of coils
S4 front disks
RS5 8 Pots
(Have a mingy pair of rears but not sur they look if they will fit?)
Carbon Front Spoiler
Crank pully??
Keyless locking
Bose
Super Sport Seats
DAB
Lane assist
Bluetooth
Heated Seats
Parking front and refresh OE clutch and DMF
Should make a decent project car if I can safely make the power.

It should be quite a beast, have I missed anything out?

Reactions: voorhees, Chop. and xpoweruk
I would fit an upper strut brace. Really amazing the difference this makes. You can DIY or go for the item XpowerUK used.
Karls 3.0 TDI build thread
Also an uprated rear ARB. I would recommend the H & R 24mm item.
The brace makes the front end a lot more positive, along with the rear ARB it kills a lot of the inherent understeer the car has.

I would fit an upper strut brace. Really amazing the difference this makes. You can DIY or go for the item XpowerUK used.
Karls 3.0 TDI build thread
Also an uprated rear ARB. I would recommend the H & R 24mm item.
The brace makes the front end a lot more positive, along with the rear ARB it kills a lot of the inherent understeer the car has.

Hmm, thanks, does you have the diff? Mine is oversteery in advanced like I can kick it out? i'm trying to stay away from ARB's as it has a good feel and less maintenance.