Whats the update on the 'spring' situation...?

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
ok folks, ive used the search but still a little conflicting so can anyone confirm the best springs for the 8v?

My 'whip' is the 2.0ltr tdi Sline sportback so which springs do I need? Im looking a drop of 20mm-ish from my current sline suspension..

Hit meeeeeeeee :rockwoot:

S3 sportback,
I'm using H&R 28826-2 springs

Yep, Sportlines here too :-

Reactions: gynads, Jassyo06, Venom and 4 others
Thats drop is spot on Rob, thats what im looking for.
Bit skeptical of the amazon £109 delivered price, had probs with them before so think ill pay the extra and get them through the Eibach shop.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Is there a customs charge with sourcing the stuff from Germany?

So to confirm this is the correct code for the springs I need? Am I being dumb in saying these are under the golf spec though :blush: :
Eibach E20-85-001-01-22

These are what's fitted to my S3 Sportback :-
URBbK0Aq

Reactions: Jassyo06, batch and pburv
2013 CRBC 110kw / 8VA BRC sportback

@ Rob - where did you source yours from?

Last edited:
2013 CRBC 110kw / 8VA BRC sportback

@ Rob - where did you source yours from?

The garage that was fitting them ordered them in for me (Midland VW) but there are plenty on eBay, also try GNJ Motorsport.

Reactions: pburv
So I received my pro kit yesterday and managed to fit the rears today after work
Going to do the fronts tomorrow but does anyone have any tips on how I can keep the alignment and tracking near enough the same when swapping the springs?

I'm doing them myself and I want the car to settle for a few days before having tracking and alignment done

Cheers

So I received my pro kit yesterday and managed to fit the rears today after work
Going to do the fronts tomorrow but does anyone have any tips on how I can keep the alignment and tracking near enough the same when swapping the springs?

I'm doing them myself and I want the car to settle for a few days before having tracking and alignment done

Cheers

In the olden days if changing a track rod end or something you'd be making a paint mark or counting the number of turns it takes to undo something and then putting them back on by the same number or up to the paint mark. Not sure what the process is for the front springs but may come in handy.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have Eibach sportiness on my saloon and whilst i would have liked a little more drop the ride quality is superb and the change of springs is not noticeable, it actually feels like a big improvement over the stock setup.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Gazwould
I have Eibach sportiness on my saloon and whilst i would have liked a little more drop the ride quality is superb and the change of springs is not noticeable, it actually feels like a big improvement over the stock setup.

Do you have pics?
What drop did you go for?

I'm hoping the 40mm lower it enough

Petrol Forecourt photo lol you definitely don't get embarrassed easily lol.....cracking photo's though,stunning glacier
Cheers old mucker! I chose a little petrol station in the middle of nowhere late at night. Strip lighting was perfect!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Cheers old mucker! I chose a little petrol station in the middle of nowhere late at night. Strip lighting was perfect!

Petrol station forecourts have the best lighting for taking photos at night.

Reactions: Rob2k68
don't know why it uploaded the same photo 3 times so apologies!

Reactions: James_TDi, pburv and Rob2k68
I'm absolutely rubbish at spot the difference .

Reactions: James_TDi, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Hi know it's a old post just trying to find some pics. Are they the sportline springs or pro? Reason I'm asking is they don't look that low for sportline as it says they lower it 25mm front and 20mm rear. H&R look a lot lower and they are 15mm for the -1 or the -2 are 20mm.

AFAIK the quoted 25-20mm drop is the drop on a standard 'A' platfrom, equating to about 10-15mm drop on the S models