DAB Navigation unit swap out

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
...ok so I have a Navigation unit (the multimedia box in the glove box) available to me with the DAB included....now if I wanted to add this to my existing set up and just swap out my non dab for this unit with dab then what else needs to be done?
Is there any coding required? Im guessing yes! < any info on this?
The good old NHN may enlighten me on this
Digital Antenna of course.

I just want to add dab to my set up and want it oem standard

Once installed you will need an Audi authorised workshop to remove the component protection and then activate the Nav licencing. Depending on the unit you are looking to install you may also need to change your controls and screen. Suggest searching the forum for "MMI retrofit" for more information.

Reactions: Schizophonic and J7USS
£rd Parties are claiming to be able to retrofit the system, coding and parts, from £1800. If you supply and install your own parts then coding can be found from £650. Audi Connect install / coding is extra.

From what I can remember, you will need to buy a brand new SD card for the Nav from Audi - it must be genuine and not have been in another vehicle - and have them activate and pair the system., which I seem to recall was around £500 in total.
Also, from reading some comments on here, the Nav system may not be anything special.

Hmmmm...think ill have to take a miss on this judging by previous peoples experiences. Nothing is straight forward is it :blink: