Fuel pump dead?

dave_beastttt

3000 grit
Reaction score
So yesterday, was sitting in traffic then the engine died, would crank but wouldn't start. S3 APY.

Over 1/2 a tank of fuel in tank

Checked fuse 28 (and all the other fuses) all good.

Relay 167 was good as it was working when engine cranked (some have this instead of 409 apparently)

Immobiliser light going out as normal.

Power at fuel pump 4 pin plug when cranking etc

Got it home onto the drive and left it all night, went out there this morning to see if the pump initiates when door open or ignition on as normal, nothing, no sound, nada, so tried it again with meter attached, power getting to the plug fine.

Deadpump.com?

sounds like it mate! How many miles? Its becoming a "common problem " this now, these are getting old and tired especially when mapped.

sounds like it mate! How many miles? Its becoming a "common problem " this now, these are getting old and tired especially when mapped.

175k :sunglasses: so probably long overdue

Has it been getting noisy? When mine was about to let go it sounded like a supercharger under the rear seat

It's always sounded like an angry bee tbh.

Just managed to get a replacement on permanant loan from a friend with an R32, plugged it in and it works, so old pump = confirmed dead

Reactions: scotty_24
Pump fitted, took about 40 mins to take old out and put new one in, all working :D

Reactions: jojo
Mines on 180k and I'm going to the ring soon, also wanna get it mapped before then. Should prob put a new fuel pump on the list haha

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotty_24
Mines on 180k and I'm going to the ring soon, also wanna get it mapped before then. Should prob put a new fuel pump on the list haha

It's a pretty straightforward swap, well worth doing if you haven't done it at 180k. Mine showed no signs of failing, it just died whilst sitting in traffic.

do you know which wires go onto the ecu/fuel pump relay. 167. thanks

Has it been getting noisy? When mine was about to let go it sounded like a supercharger under the rear seat

Ahhh Fudge. Mines been doing that recently and sounds abit loud when priming and when i turn off.

been looking for an excuse for an uprated one anyway.

Where abouts is it guys?. Under the rear seats?.