What is it with the Audi under tray/belly pan fixings!!!

SDHA4SLine

Reaction score
Seems every time my car is serviced (at the main dealers) I lose a couple of fixings that hold the various under trays in place. In credit to my dealer, they always bring the car in and replace the lost fixings foc but why on earth does this keep happening, surely they're capable of securing these fixing properly? Are they just cheap crap that are not up to the job or are the techs not up to the basic standard or just plain lazy?

Most of the under trays & wheel arch liners etc. were fitted brand new a year or so back after an unwanted collision with the dealers ramps. I personally went under the car in the workshop to inspect every fixing etc. was in place so know the job was done right that time.

Anyone else keep losing these fixings?

Not the end of the world but its ****** annoying having to keep returning my car even if the dealer is only a 1 minute drive from my workplace :rage::rage::rage: rant over, I feel better now :grimacing:

Seems every time my car is serviced (at the main dealers) I lose a couple of fixings that hold the various under trays in place. In credit to my dealer, they always bring the car in and replace the lost fixings foc but why on earth does this keep happening, surely they're capable of securing these fixing properly? Are they just cheap **** that are not up to the job or are the techs not up to the basic standard or just plain lazy?

Most of the under trays & wheel arch liners etc. were fitted brand new a year or so back after an unwanted collision with the dealers ramps. I personally went under the car in the workshop to inspect every fixing etc. was in place so know the job was done right that time.

Anyone else keep losing these fixings?

Not the end of the world but its ****** annoying having to keep returning my car even if the dealer is only a 1 minute drive from my workplace :rage::rage::rage: rant over, I feel better now :grimacing:
Lazy Tech IMHO, it is one of the reasons I do my own servicing.

Sent using Tapatalk

OK update, and this makes a mockery of me saying " I personally went under the car in the workshop to inspect every fixing etc. was in place so know the job was done right that time" but....

After some investigation in the parts database and talking with the dealers. We've decided that the lack of rubber washers 4A0 805 137 between the fasteners and the under tray may be the reason why they are working loose and falling out. Our thoughts are that they help to pinch the fasteners tight and stop them vibrating/turning and undoing themselves. Going to fit them to all the fasteners and see how things go, at 31p each its worth a go

OK update, and this makes a mockery of me saying " I personally went under the car in the workshop to inspect every fixing etc. was in place so know the job was done right that time" but....

After some investigation in the parts database and talking with the dealers. We've decided that the lack of rubber washers 4A0 805 137 between the fasteners and the under tray may be the reason why they are working loose and falling out. Our thoughts are that they help to pinch the fasteners tight and stop them vibrating/turning and undoing themselves. Going to fit them to all the fasteners and see how things go, at 31p each its worth a go
Do you have access to the part's db or are you using a dealer for the info?

Sent using Tapatalk

there's a sticky at the top of b7 forum with a link to a 3rd party parts database

We've decided that the lack of rubber washers 4A0 805 137 between the fasteners and the under tray may be the reason why they are working loose and falling out. Our thoughts are that they help to pinch the fasteners tight and stop them vibrating/turning and undoing themselves. Going to fit them to all the fasteners and see how things go, at 31p each its worth a go

I have rubber washers on the rear fasteners and on the ones that go on to the edge of the front bumper to undertray. Mine were a little worse for wear at the front but found some that were exactly the same specs on eBay. 20 for £2.99.

But I have to say that even the ones without rubbers on are still in place.