Aaaaaarrrghhh, what part of don't wash (scratch) my car don't you understand Audi?

SDHA4SLine

Reaction score
as per the title really, why don't they listen?!!!

I know they think they're being helpful but still....

you need to leave a "BIG " sign on the dash board in full view from the outside , reading something like, wash this car and it will be your last!!!!

sounds like you're not impressed with vorsprung derk carwash steve... expand a bit for us .

I feel for you Steve.....but that's why I DO NOT trust garages, If I can do it I will....if I can't I will struggle to do it.

If I'm honest no signs left but they know me so well down there they ask if I want the car washing with a smile on their face whilst they hand over the job card to me to write a massive PLEASE DO NOT WASH on it. All the service advisers know it bad news if they wash it, just a shame they seem to have left it to the techs today :rage::rage::rage:

No signs of scratches yet but I just know once the sun shines and I wash it myself I'm goi g to see some lovely scratches in my top coat

I'm sure I should credit the quote to the late Benny Hill playing a Chinese guy back in the un PC late '70s / early '80s ....... " why you no risten " ?!

Reactions: THQuattro, carlcall and SDHA4SLine
As @Gazwould said, download the signs in the Detailing Section. Had 4 plastered on my car the last time it went in. Came back mancky but.....

You'll be sweating till you get to wash it, hate that feeling..

If your on good terms with the service advisors I would get in contact.

Could offer you something. Recently I requested from Merc (wifes car) not to wash the car. They didn't but I was given some vouchers from the service manager. Many being 'free car wash'

If your on good terms with the service advisors I would get in contact.

Could offer you something. Recently I requested from Merc (wifes car) not to wash the car. They didn't but I was given some vouchers from the service manager. Many being 'free car wash'
I have a great relationship with this dealer so I don't want to go down that route to be honest. Like I said they believe they're doing me a favour so I'm not going to kick off over it. I've had a good look around it today, can't see any obvious scratches so hopefully I've got away with it this time. I'll be sure to mention it next time the cars in with them

I work in a dealership, we get lots of clients that request we do not wash the car (some cars aren't even allowed out if it's raining haha)

As a rule they don't get washed, sometimes the valeters grab the keys from another service advisor who doesn't know.

Mistakes happen, get it on record now that the instructions were not followed and just mention it at the next service, that's when they will be able to sort the mistake easiest. Maybe mention a free AC regas or the likes.

I have a great relationship with this dealer so I don't want to go down that route to be honest

You don't need to go in all guns blazing but just mention it was washed even though you asked that it wasn't

Well after the excitement of watching the tennis and F1 (and a few beers later) I decided to bite the bullet and clean the car (properly!) to get a better look at potential damage. TBH I didn't notice anything so all good & panic over.

As an aside, I decided to use my new bottle of Auto Finesse Glisten which I was pleasantly surprised by... its the 1st QD that actually gives a near wet look shine, which on silver cars such as mine is not an easy thing to do. Highly recommend this stuff

Reactions: carlcall