Induction Kits, What we all got?

moleskn1

Reaction score
Hey guys!, I have recently just gone stage one on my S3 and thinking of going up to stage 2 however this includes a few hardware requirements one of being an induction kit!.

My question is what ones do you guys have and would you recommend it?

I have been quoted for a VW Racing induction however it is over £450 and I really don't see the need to spend that ammount of money on something that cant differ to much from its rivals?

-Ju- has done a lot of logging at stage 2+ with multiple open and closed induction systems.

If you don't mind the noise that open intakes make then go for these as they're less restrictive then closed and are pretty much required to get the most out of stage 2+ and beyond.

-Ju- found that the Revo CAI works the best with the largest increased air flow which is mainly due to the piping. There's two versions, powder coat for £276 and then you can heat-wrap it for £30ish or the Camcoat which is a thermal resistant coating for £396. I've been running the Revo CAI (Camcoat) version for four months now and can't fault it, I personally love the noise and it's a great piece of kit, highly recommended.

S3Alex who's beastly S3 is running over 550bhp and 540lbs at the moment (capable of more but having work done) is running the older ITG Maxogen intake which still runs fine at that power, you can pick it up for £320.

If you want a closed system (only recommended up to stage 2) then go for the VWR kit as even though it doesn't look as nice as the Forge Twintake, it performs better.

Have a look at the classifieds section on here and you may be able to find a used intake for sale at a cheaper price.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Ju-, moleskn1 and S3Alex
The Twintake is a pretty old design now,and has had issues with fuel trims previously.

There are better to be had now,such as the Revo as above,and you should know also that the VWRAcing intake is basically an enclosed ITG derived design.

Mine is the old style ITG,which you can still get from places like this...

https://fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/audi/...n-vag-2-0tfsi-k04-cold-air-induction-kit.html

It's not pretty,but it's good for up to 600bhp.

Reactions: moleskn1 and HHS3
-Ju- has done a lot of logging at stage 2+ with multiple open and closed induction systems.

If you don't mind the noise that open intakes make then go for these as they're less restrictive then closed and are pretty much required to get the most out of stage 2+.

-Ju- found that the Revo CAI works the best with the largest increased air flow which is mainly due to the piping. There's two versions, powder coat for £230 and then you can heat-wrap it for £30ish or the Camcoat which is a thermal resistant coating for £330. I've been running the Revo CAI (Camcoat) version for four months now and can't fault it, I personally love the noise and it's a great piece of kit, highly recommend it.

If you want a closed system (only recommended up to stage 2) then go for the VWR kit as even though it doesn't look as nice as the Forge Twintake, it performs better.

Have a look at the classifieds section on here and you may be able to find a used intake for sale at a cheaper price.

Wow! what an amazing reply!, so much information! Exactly what I was hoping for :)

Thank you, I will definitely be taking your advice on board and will help with my decision!
I am going to check the Classifieds section the now!

Thanks again! :)

Reactions: HHS3 and S3Alex
Itg over here. Does the job great for years now.
But i must say i love the volante intake but i don't know how to source it as it's Australian product and not sold in europe.
Looks very oem.

Reactions: moleskn1 and S3Alex
Wow! what an amazing reply!, so much information! Exactly what I was hoping for :)

Thank you, I will definitely be taking your advice on board and will help with my decision!
I am going to check the Classifieds section the now!

Thanks again! :)

You're welcome mate. I was the same when I first joined and the community is very helpful on here, so I'm just sharing the knowledge I've learned and experience in this case. Always have a search to see if your question in mind has been asked before but fire away if you can't find what you're looking for and you'll get an answer from one of the guys.

I've since edited my post to mention the ITG Maxogen as well which has been proven to work well by S3Alex (he's literally just replied funnily enough!) so I'd consider either getting the Revo CAI or this.

Reactions: moleskn1 and S3Alex
The Twintake is a pretty old design now,and has had issues with fuel trims previously.

There are better to be had now,such as the Revo as above,and you should know also that the VWRAcing intake is basically an enclosed ITG derived design.

Mine is the old style ITG,which you can still get from places like this...

https://fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/audi/...n-vag-2-0tfsi-k04-cold-air-induction-kit.html

It's not pretty,but it's good for up to 600bhp.

Wow! that looks mental!

Thank you for your advice I have heard of the twintake and that's good to know that they are not recommended anymore! :)

By the looks of things and from reviews i think im going to go for the Revo cam coated induction.

Thanks for your help! :)

Reactions: S. and S3Alex
Thanks...when it's running,it is fairly manic.

The Revo is definitely the best currently,and not overpriced either.

Have a look at both TSR and LVSRacing who are both forum sponsors,and may have deals going.

Reactions: moleskn1 and HHS3
Well just to confuse you further, my S3 at APR stage 2+ uses the Neuspeed P Flo. It hits the power and torque figures advertised by APR. The intake piping may not be as wide as the Revo but it well made, fits perfectly with no rubbing on the battery or down in the headlight area and is an priced well too. No fuel trim issues either.
As an afterthought, I upgraded the filter to a bigger cotton green inverted cone so there is no chance of any filter restriction but remember it made the figures using the standard filter.
I would buy another one.

Reactions: moleskn1
Well just to confuse you further, my S3 at APR stage 2+ uses the Neuspeed P Flo. It hits the power and torque figures advertised by APR. The intake piping may not be as wide as the Revo but it well made, fits perfectly with no rubbing on the battery or down in the headlight area and is an priced well too. No fuel trim issues either.
As an afterthought, I upgraded the filter to a bigger cotton green inverted cone so there is no chance of any filter restriction but remember it made the figures using the standard filter.
I would buy another one.

Haha thanks mate!, you can never have to much information! :) I will have a wee look :)

off topic but is Apr stage 2+ much different from stage one?

stage one felt a lot different than standard and was really impressed and it also knocked a second off time 1/4 mile time!.

Hell yeah the jump from stage 1 to stage 2+ is bigger then stock to stage 1 for sure! It's the most cost effective stage performance wise without spending silly amounts of money. I'm going stage 2 later this month and am saving up for stage 2+ (mainly due to the clutch).

Haha thanks mate!, you can never have to much information! :) I will have a wee look :)

stage one felt a lot different than standard and was really impressed and it also knocked a second off time 1/4 mile time!.

Bluefin stage 1 = interesting
APR stage1+ = big smiles
APR stage 2+ = amazing, what a beast and even bigger smiles but still drives nicely at lower revs.

Revo here... spot on.. if a little noisy

I have the vwr intake with a carbon fibre air cover which makes it looks a bit nicer, plus I have a new one for sale if anyone's interested £80 delivered
Stage 1 with the vwr intake is currently 322 bhp!!

I have the vwr intake with a carbon fibre air cover which makes it looks a bit nicer, plus I have a new one for sale if anyone's interested £80 delivered
Stage 1 with the vwr intake is currently 322 bhp!!

View attachment 99293

You got a photo of the new one mate?
Does it include all the piping?
why so cheap?

I would buy another one.
mine is the same as Peters following his advise .

How legit re FR&R tuning? They have some sharp prices!

Reactions: S.
Hi mate,

I have gone for a pipercross Induction on mine. Sits really well and includes heat sheild. Did cost around 300£ though. I just love the noise it chatters and hear it sucking in air.

Attachments

• IMG_0815.JPG
    IMG_0815.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
Reactions: S. and Ben2487
Oh nice! can you do before and after logs of air flow and a review?

I can try, but it's going on with a new turbo at the same time ...

They do sell to the UK - send a message to Ben via the Tarmac site and he can advise, very helpful chap.

Reactions: S. and S3Alex