'Stealth' dash cam installation advice / examples

Sparks#72

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I hope you can help / advise....I have searched on line but I couldn't really find what I was after.

I've been considering fitting a dash cam into my A3 sportback for sometime now, but I really don't want to have wires hanging down from the wind screen or running a long & down the dash board to the cigarette lighter socket etc.

So I was wondering if anyone on this forum has undertaken a 'stealth' install of a dash cam, hiding the cables and OEM hard wiring it in to the electrics etc?

I know some of you guys on here have done some great installs for other mods and I would be really grateful for any advice or sign posting to other posts on this subject if possible etc.

Thank you in advance.

I use a MiVue 538 Deluxe, it sits to the left of the interior mirror, so well out of my view. The wire runs along the headlining down the A pillar, and attaches to a switched live on the fuse board by using a piggy back fuse.

Check out the a118c aka b40 quite stealthy

if your budget allows... a119 or a119s, they're slight upgrades on the a118

google "dashcamtalk" as well, there's a lot of decent info on there

probably the stealthiest form-factor, most people won't even notice you have a cam

The wiring can very easily be routed out of site along the headlining and down the A-pillar, I'll get a photo of where my wiring runs from my front cam, even though I use the 12v socket, the wiring is out of the way, I have 3 cams in my car, although none of mine are really stealthy

Reactions: kash_v
I've had a Mobius for a couple of years and it's brilliant. There's a Mobius 2 now which is even better. Mine's wired as Lee69 says, but is so small it sits in front (or behind) the left of the interior mirror and can't be seen from the driving seat. It's practically invisible from the outside as it's totally black.
No screen, as my first one had one and it was soooo distracting! :sm4:

If you fancy OME wiring instead of a piggy back or tap you can get this using an Audi repair wire.

I plugged one into the rear of a spare switched live socket which gives me a supply for the dashcam (mini 0806) which is protected by it's own fuse and looks exactly the same as the factory ones.

There's a bit of space behind my fuse blocks so I connected the repair wire to a hidden 12v cigar socket and just plugged the supplied dashcam power adaptor straight in (I found out the hard way that the optional hardwire kits for this particular camera are poor quality and caused voltage spikes).

You can see the end of the repair wire at the top of the right fuse block

P1190440
P1190439
P1190437

Last edited:
I've recently hardwired my dashcam using a piggy back off the rear screen, but i'm interested to know which other fuses are switched live... I wanna hardwire my rear cam in too