silver T badge

jordychris

Reaction score
picked up new 2.0 t sline q se last week and noticed T badge on rear of car is silver not red as before anyone know why is there any reason for this thanks

Red now designated for the 220ps 2 litre I believe.

My dads 06 2.0t a3 had the red badge my white one has the silver go figure

A3simon said:
My dads 06 2.0t a3 had the red badge my white one has the silver go figure

His is better than yours ?

;)

Red is faster, everyone knows that. Anyone who has silver is inferior, slower and not as well endowed. ;)

Xedos said:
His is better than yours ?

;)

WAS he bought it new and traded it in after 4 days for an A6 as he couldnt stand the ride quality

Either going to debadge mine or fit the red badge

A3simon said:
WAS he bought it new and traded it in after 4 days for an A6 as he couldnt stand the ride quality

Either going to debadge mine or fit the red badge

Why is it that important?

methinks im gonna buy a red T badge and replace the silver T in my TDI badge when i get my 170 - that should throw a few people!!!! (assuming its the same size and font etc

The silver T is now used across the Audi range for 2007 Model Year. Took me ages to figure this out, but after seeing a few A3, A4 and A6's with silver T's it turned out that all were 2007 MY.

A quick note on the 220PS engine, makes you wonder if Audi are planning to use the 220PS engine in the A3 at some point in the future. If they do, is anything stopping us installing this software into 200PS models?

steve184 said:
methinks im gonna buy a red T badge and replace the silver T in my TDI badge when i get my 170 - that should throw a few people!!!! (assuming its the same size and font etc
Well it was always the "I" that was red on the more powerful diesel derivatives, not the "T". I'm frankly surprised they didn't bring back the red "I" for the 170PS engine but if they're also phasing out the red "T" on the 2.0TFSI then maybe they've decided against the red lettering altogether.