Audi Jukebox

far2tall

Reaction score
I'm having problems with the Jukebox. My car has 2 SD card slots and a 20gb Jukebox, which you can copy content onto from the sd cards. I factory reset the Jukebox when I bough the car and am now having problems adding mp3s from sd card. I have 10gb of MP3 on the sd card, but when I select all and try to transfer it says there is insufficient space, despite the 10gb being half the capacity of the 20gb Jukebox.

Anyone got any ideas or is it just broken? Knowing how fragile hard drives are it wouldn't surprise me. If it is, does anyone have any experience replacing the drive?

I'm not 100 percent sure but do you get 20gb storage? I thought the sat nav took up alot of the hard drive, have you tried adding just 1 album to see if it let's you or not, if it does then obviously 10gb is too much

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You don't get 20GB of space that is how big the hard disk is inside. -1GB of space for formatting & partitions - 1GB for the OS and - 12GB for the maps, so you will have around 6GB of usable space.

Ahh, I see. It was described as a 20gb Jukebox so I took it to be exactly that. When you consider the size of a DVD though, at 4.7gb you would thing that 10gb of MP3 shouldn't be a problem.

Wow, that's pretty pointless. It would be less hassle to just buy a bigger sd card! 12gb of maps? ...can I delete the European ones?

yes but its a 2006 design.

PC's still had 256mb of ram back then..

Point taken! Do you know if I can delete the European maps to free up some space? It doesn't seem to want to accept anything bigger than a 16gb SD card which is annoying as I just bought 2 x 64gb!

Last edited:
No, maps are on a separate partition. It cannot be reclaimed for music.