Audi ****** Connect Problems

dandav1985

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello Lads and Lasses,

Has anyone successfully connected there Android phone to the MMI for audi connect instead of buying a SIM card?

I for some reason can not for the life of me connect my phone for bluetooth tethering.

See pictures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Dan

Do you get options other than SIM card in Connection Manager for Audi Connect?

Pretty sure when I paired my phone the 1st time it asked if I wanted to use the internal SIM card or my phone for data.

Last edited:
Do you get options other SIM card in Connection Manager for Audi Connect?

Pretty sure when I paired my phone the 1st time it asked if I wanted to use the internal SIM card or my phone for data.

No mate nothing, ive deleted the device and tried again, still wont let me do it.

Cheers

Looks like you're on Android.

In latest version Nougat (V7) if you go to the connections menu there is a menu item labelled mobile hotspot and tethering. There's a couple options in here to turn mobile hotspot and tethering on and off. This could be your issue

Looked on there doesn't give you any information on connecting, just tried my wife's s7 and it is doing the same thing. Don't have any connection options
20170710 205745

Ah right just thought it had some good info on there re registering and what requirements there were for the phone.

I will look at mine tomorrow mate

Reactions: dandav1985
Remote SIM access protocol over bluetooth (RSAP) was only available for a brief time. My old PFL car (63 plate, MY14) had support but I think it was removed shortly afterwards, so may not be possible depending on how old your car is.

Reactions: glospete
Be warned as well, that if you do get it working, the car effectively takes control of your SIM card. This means that text messages and calls you receive will go to the car, but NOT the phone. If you want all your texts to be on your phone, and call log too, then a separate SIM card is the better option.