Help needed coding new steering module..

Dan5115

Reaction score
Hi all, Im looking at fitting cruise control and got all the parts including new steering module as my current module won’t support it.

How do I code it to my car? I can only find a guide on the A4 but I assume the codes will be different?

Thanks for any help

Reactions: Dan5115
Hi all, Im looking at fitting cruise control and got all the parts including new steering module as my current module won’t support it.

How do I code it to my car? I can only find a guide on the A4 but I assume the codes will be different?

Thanks for any help

Ok so give us some more information like the part numbers of the controllers, ie the original and new one.

Are you aware that you may need to add an additional wire if your car doesn't have pin 13 populated on the main black plug going into the swcm?

Do you have, or have access to VCDS? Do you have all the tools required such as a T25 and T9 torx bit along with a M12 spline bit?

Ok so give us some more information like the part numbers of the controllers, ie the original and new one.

Are you aware that you may need to add an additional wire if your car doesn't have pin 13 populated on the main black plug going into the swcm?

Do you have, or have access to VCDS? Do you have all the tools required such as a T25 and T9 torx bit along with a M12 spline bit?

Thanks for your reply, I currently have module 1K0 953 549 A and I’m replacing it with 1ko 953 549 AH along with type2 slip ring 1K0 959 653 D as I’m lead to believe it’s the only early module where cruise control works as intended.

Yes I’m aware I will most likely need the wire however I’m not certain where it exactly plugs into so any clarification would be great.

Yes, I have full VCDS software however upto yet I’ve only read and cleared faults. I think I’ve got all the tools needed so don’t think that will be a problem. Thanks

549 A is midline which supports cruise.

Check the wire first, if your car is TDI then there is a greater chance its there, just whip the lower cowl off and check pin 13 is populated on the black plug at the rear of the swcm.

549 A is midline which supports cruise.

Check the wire first, if your car is TDI then there is a greater chance its there, just whip the lower cowl off and check pin 13 is populated on the black plug at the rear of the swcm.

No wire but now fitted and new module and slip ring installed just need to code it all, decided to swap for AH module as heard all other early mid/high line modules besides the AH module cruise control works but not fully as intended. Thanks