S3 lowering needed, need advice

Sandip

Reaction score
Want to lower my amk S3, any recommendations on what i could use for good comfort and handling? don't fancy coilovers, roads near me are bad! also i have i knocking noise from the front passenger side corner, louder when the car is NOT loaded, if its loaded theres no noise at all :think:

H&R springs with Bilstein dampers.

Comfortable (not noticably harder than standard over potholes), lowers about 20-30mm, dampers are absolutelt perfectly damped and since there is no adjustment...you fit the lot and forget it.

dpm

could you pm me the price for these as well please

cheers

hey dpm tempt me into this setup , go on I know I want to and ive even got the rear tie bars sat in my room ready to go lol

DPM could you PM me a price for that setup too?

Also for anyone with the setup, does it make the car "bouncy" at all? My experience with lowered cars has been they've been more bouncy over bumps than standard.

Pete

icecavern said:
DPM could you PM me a price for that setup too?

Also for anyone with the setup, does it make the car "bouncy" at all? My experience with lowered cars has been they've been more bouncy over bumps than standard.

Pete

Sounds like you've experienced too stiffly sprung springs and too weakly damped dampers - typical of cheap suspension kits, in my view.

The H&R spring aren't bouncy when mated to Bilstein dampers.
The dampers are the key to the S3s handling, as the standard efforts are pathetic even when new.

An H&R/Bilstein set up will be stiffer for sure...but not noticably more harsh.
It has a vice like grip on the suspension...both low and high speed damping is very good with no oscillating evident on high loading, long, fast corners.

All in all, in my view, the perfect set up for a road S3.

You could possibly tempt me with the right price ? make me buy it please ?

With all those pm's would it not just be easier to put the price on the thread?
It will save anyone else asking for a pm

S3Steve said:
With all those pm's would it not just be easier to put the price on the thread?
It will save anyone else asking for a pm

:laugh:

Give me a price to please ;)

is it the same kit for the 1.8t quattro? if so can i have a price too please

Damian,

looks like a few people interested in the Bilsteins, H&R Springs and the Forge Tie-Bars. I think the prices are quite good, but the price of the forge tie bars is putting me off a bit.

Would it be possible to work out some sort of group buy price for all 3 items?

cheers

Jon