Gone laggy after remap.

LJ_D

Reaction score
About a week ago was on the way to work, first half was fine second half when I went to pull onto roundabout off the slip road and the power was gone. Was flat and turbo didn't kick in till 2000rpm, and doesn't pull as it has has been since I mapped it the week before. (Blacksmoke 165bhp remap)

Engine doesn't have the grunt noise like it did have, and it's just laggy, even when put foot down it isn't pulling properly.

Took my mate out in it before who has a seat toledo pd130 and a pd150 map on it, and even he said it's lagging, so I drove his and it pulls better than mine is atm, no lag at all from his.

What do you think it could be?! I've noticed that the egr pipe is wobbly but pretty sure it was like that before I mapped it.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Have bought a vcds, but don't know how to attach a log from it on here.

About a week ago was on the way to work, first half was fine second half when I went to pull onto roundabout off the slip road and the power was gone. Was flat and turbo didn't kick in till 2000rpm, and doesn't pull as it has has been since I mapped it the week before. (Blacksmoke 165bhp remap)

Engine doesn't have the grunt noise like it did have, and it's just laggy, even when put foot down it isn't pulling properly.

Took my mate out in it before who has a seat toledo pd130 and a pd150 map on it, and even he said it's lagging, so I drove his and it pulls better than mine is atm, no lag at all from his.

What do you think it could be?! I've noticed that the egr pipe is wobbly but pretty sure it was like that before I mapped it.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Have bought a vcds, but don't know how to attach a log from it on here.

You will need to scan it for codes first with VCDS before you do any logging, post up your results/ fault codes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, yeah did full scan and all modules fame back clear.

I'm on my phone atm, will sort something when I get home.

Thanks

Boost leak, check the hoses all over and intercooler. Look for wet oil patches as these usually indicate boost leaks. Wouldn't be surprised if you find a split hose or other leak.

Yeah that's my first guess.

The connection to the egr valve, you can actually move it in and out and all around lol.

And the bottom of the intercooler has a patch of gunk on it just were the pipe goes into it, it's like the kind of cr*p you find in your egr valve, but the pipe itself looks dry.... Hmmmm.

Cant seem to find this apparent red pipe that goes to the turbo though haha

Also I've noticed a hiss/whistle even when driving along at set speeds, i.e 30/40mph. It's not loud but definitely noticeable.

Does that sound like a leak or is that normal, this is my first pd engined vag.

I haven't actually taken any hoses off. Some seem to be loose/wobbly where they connect.

Have read about some kind of nipple formed into the connector that wear down. Maybe that's why it's loose and wobbly.

And something else about green o-ring seals on them also.

I don't think it's actually in limp mode as there's no eml and no fault codes when checked with vcds, and it also revs over 3k and goes over 80mph.

I'll have a look at the link anyway, just incase.

Thanks

Hmmm. I'll check my boost hoses when I'm off work next.

Thanks for that link @Erikn89nl

Cant really determine whether it's a normal noise with these or whether it is a leaking noise.

Heres a link to a log I did earlier. Idling for a minute then me pulling off in 1st, into 2nd and flooring from 1500rpm to redline.

https://db.tt/Qi7C7qCMBo