S3 8v steering

Sandall92

Reaction score
Alright guys!

Iv been looking to buy an S3 for probably best part of a year now and im stuck on weather to get an 8p or 8v... my question is iv heard alot about the steering on the 8v, is it really that bad i should go for the 8p or are there things to do to get it handling and steering nicely with atleast some feel through the wheel. Im a mechanic so i can do mechanical parts myself (Arb’s,bushes, shocks,springs) but i work on 60’s classics and get lost when it comes to laptops!! Lol‍♂️

Any advice would be very much apprechiated Cheers!!

If you want steering feel... don’t buy an Audi lol. In honesty, I’ve never driven an 8P but can’t imagine it being much better than an 8V, it was never praised for its handling prowess to begin with. S3’s are fast, efficient and grippy performance cars... but not the last word in driver entertainment or involvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandall92
Best modern car I have had for steering feel was my GT86. You pointed, it went. You could feel everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Sandall92 and Mark_86
Would you still reccomend buying an S3 8v!? Even if the steering is **** lol im sure there are things that can be done to improve this!

Would you still reccomend buying an S3 8v!? Even if the steering is **** lol im sure there are things that can be done to improve this!

Depends how much you want those four rings. If I had to do it again? Probably would have bought a Golf R instead and saved some pennies at the same time.