when car has boosted hard the car devolps a miss fire

fisher72

Reaction score
give the car a bit of stick in first second and third pulled up to the lights car feels like its running on 3 cylinders turn the ignition off and on again car ticks over fine the dv sounds to loud like its a dump valve its a forge 007p with blue spring the cars running stage 2 280 bhp scanned the car and its comming up with pressure drop check dv valve

give the car a bit of stick in first second and third pulled up to the lights car feels like its running on 3 cylinders turn the ignition off and on again car ticks over fine the dv sounds to loud like its a dump valve its a forge 007p with blue spring the cars running stage 2 280 bhp scanned the car and its comming up with pressure drop check dv valve
007 leaking, replace with stock imo. Coil packs sound like their about to crap out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

my car misfired under pressure with a faulty spark plug - but if your DV is busted maybe that in it's self causes a misfire?

will check the plugs and re grease the dv valve its only 6 months old

Airleak and/or coil packs are typical culprits...

What was the actual fault code?

<tuffty/>

17705 can be attributed to an old issue with the map code... there is a known bug and most mappers code the table accordingly... this code typically happens in ambient temps of 5degrees or less... restarting the engine clears it and all is good again until the next cold start in the same conditions... this is a symptom of the software bug...

...that said... you are running a blue spring which is quite stiff... I would suggest you replace it with a green one... the noise could mean that the DV is stuck open so I would check the valve too and maybe get a service kit as they need to be done once a year

If the DV is stuck open then this could bleed off metered air (its an airleak) and could explain the misfire from running an overly rich mixture especially when the coolant isn't quite up to temp and you are running in cold start enrichment..

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Alex C
17705 can be attributed to an old issue with the map code... there is a known bug and most mappers code the table accordingly... this code typically happens in ambient temps of 5degrees or less... restarting the engine clears it and all is good again until the next cold start in the same conditions... this is a symptom of the software bug...

...that said... you are running a blue spring which is quite stiff... I would suggest you replace it with a green one... the noise could mean that the DV is stuck open so I would check the valve too and maybe get a service kit as they need to be done once a year

If the DV is stuck open then this could bleed off metered air (its an airleak) and could explain the misfire from running an overly rich mixture especially when the coolant isn't quite up to temp and you are running in cold start enrichment..

<tuffty/>
cheers tuffy ordered spring set will service the dv and check the plugs and coils