New owner - Preventative Maintenance Advice please

robtdi

Reaction score
Hi guys
Firstly I know there is a sticky up top with extremely good advice on preventative maintenance which i have read over and over again. HOwever... i do have some more detailed questions more about where to find these parts, which i would like some help on as i want to service the S3 for peace of mind etc.... Ive had a good look through many posts on the forum to answer some of my questions, some very confusing and others very clear and helpful.

**Audi S3 2011 2.0TFSI facelift black edition CDL engine**

Anyway, starting off with:

1) Cam chain and tensioner. - Order this from TPS? Question is, do they offer the "uprated" tensioner? or just a standard replacement. Can anyone recommend anywhere else i can get this "kit" from please particularly for the uprated tensioner ???

2) Cam follower... TPS standard part?

3)Oil pick up pipe? Again TPS? or is there a better one to use? perhaps on ebay ??

4) Spark plugs? The ones im looking at is NGK BKR7EIX (2667)

5) Oil and filter? Millers Nanodrive 5w30 with bosch paper filter?
I know some have mentioned 5w40 but this is more for remapped. Mine is standard (for now)

I think that is it.
Car has done 65K. Cam belt and water pump has been done. Also fuel filter, Haldex (not inc filter) and Stronic oils have been changed in the last 10-15k miles.

Any help appreciated before i go out and spend money on parts.
Thanks
Rob :)

Order your Millers oil from Opie Oils https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-115238...e-cfs-5w-40-nt-full-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx. I ran this oil without a map (an I believe many others have too).

For all you other Audi related parts including plugs, send mjr901 a message on Facebook Messenger. Mike is a main dealer Parts Manager who can provide all genuine parts. Re uprated tensioner, I'm not aware of any.

Although your Haldex filter (Gen4) was recently changed Audi don't list a part for this. You can however get it from https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Filter-k...845888&hash=item285564739e:g:b70AAOSw3~VZ1TWW.

Reactions: ch1z64 and mechanic69