A3 screen wash leaking into rear footwells

Jordan427

Reaction score
So I've had a leak over winter and I thought it was rain water, I topped up the screen wash last week and noticed today that the rear passenger footwell was soaking wet, pressed my finger into the carpet and put it on my tongue...ughhhh...disgusting, guess it was the Bitrex in the screen wash.

Now the question is where's the best place to start trying to find where it's leaking from? Both front and rear jets work and spray screen wash as they should, I've just no idea where the hose goes through the car? Any pointers?

Many thanks

It will run above the headlining and rear quarter trim panel there is a connector above the quarter trim in Golfs, so I assume the A3's are the same idea.

... pressed my finger into the carpet and put it on my tongue...ughhhh...disgusting, guess it was the Bitrex in the screen wash.
You had a wet carpet, so you tasted it?? lol
Hope no one ever stepped in dog muck before climbing into the back of you car!

You had a wet carpet, so you tasted it?? lol
Hope no one ever stepped in dog muck before climbing into the back of you car!

Haha well I needed to know whether it was rain water or something else! At least now I know it's screen wash, I literally just touched the end of my finger on my tongue, that bitrex stuff is VILE.

I'm still not quite sure as to where to start looking :/