Rolling Road + Scotland

wawab

Reaction score
anyone had their s3 roaded in scotland?

i am in NE Scotland halfway between Aberdeen & Inverness & am looking to get my s3 roaded to find out how much power she has cos my boss reckons its not standard but the 2 previous owners say they havent modified it.

cheers

Wallace Performance in Bridge of Don have a 4WD RR, mainly dealing with Evo's etc but Russ is a crackin guy, also Japerformance out in Ellon have a 4WD RR

Buster said:
Wallace Performance in Bridge of Don have a 4WD RR, mainly dealing with Evo's etc but Russ is a crackin guy, also Japerformance out in Ellon have a 4WD RR

Sorry to say, but I wouldn't recommend either of them for Haldex cars. The last dyno I saw of a TT from Wallace looked like a saw tooth where the Haldex was kicking in, and they only reported 25bhp transmission loss. Simon at Japerformance is a great guy and really knows his stuff, but he had lots of difficulty running a Phope's TT and gave up in the end.

I've been looking at remaps for a while now and i am due to move back to Edinburgh at the end of the month.

Are the star remaps any good or are there any other companies you would suggest in the ed area?

macdoug said:
I've been looking at remaps for a while now and i am due to move back to Edinburgh at the end of the month.

Are the star remaps any good or are there any other companies you would suggest in the ed area?

In my totally unbiased opinion, Star maps are the best out there.

Are the power increases you get with a star remap typical of a 'true' figure? I know from breifly looking at other sites they reckon they can acheive larger power gains. Though i know they will be prone to bid up the claims.

Heres the figures for my S3,they seem realistic enough.I have the dyno plot but do not know how to put this up.Anyway here they are
260 BHP
213 BHP at wheels
263 lbf-ft Torque
Car is standard apart from the remap done by Star Performance

My results are in my sig, 210bhp car standard.

Craig what year, power is your car?

Sounds like i'll be going the star direction then. My only issue is that the S3 has now done 58k and i'm slightly worried the clutch will give up fairly soon and a remap will only speed this up.

Not sure if i'm worrying unnecessarily or if i'm going to end up with a bill for a new clutch one week after a remap!! What are your experiences?