So I finally did it - S4 purchased

mk4gtiturbo

Reaction score
After asking a few stupid questions on here and looking at several cars over the last few months, I think I have finally found one that I can live with. Funnily enough it's actually the oldest of all the cars I looked at being a 2009 plate but it only has 50k miles on it. I was looking at 2009-2012 but this has all the bits I wanted - Super Sport Seats, SatNav, B&O audio, 19s, electric tail, pan roof, etc I'm sure there is more! It's a bit of a weird spec as it doesn't have heated seats or parking sensors. But it does have a receipt from Audi in 2014 for £6,000 for a replacement Mechtonic unit and the B&O amp has recently been replaced with a new one, there is also a whole stack on invoices. I'm picking it up next Saturday.

Reason for the post - are there any 'free mods' I can get done while the dealer has it? I know you can get lap timer / oil temp turned on which I'm asking to be done but is there any thing else?

Thanks for the advice so far, and I apologise in advance for the stupid questions that will undoubtedly follow in the next few weeks!! Anyway here is a pic or two.

Attachments

• s4 1.jpg
    s4 1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 190
  • s4 7.jpg
    s4 7.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 183
  • s4 18.jpg
    s4 18.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 186
  • s4 26.jpg
    s4 26.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 185
  • s4 29.jpg
    s4 29.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: xpoweruk, THQuattro, EXSpartan36 and 4 others
Nice spec on that. I'm going to be in the market for one when my S3 sells.

Can't help with the "free mods" though, sounds like a lot of it will be coding based.

Nice choice, @mk4gtiturbo , I especially like the black/silver leather combo on the supersports seats.

But then I would, wouldn't I? :)

Not sure what coding mods are available on a 2009 model. But sooner or later, someone will wander by who does.

Reactions: V6_Man
After asking a few stupid questions on here and looking at several cars over the last few months, I think I have finally found one that I can live with. Funnily enough it's actually the oldest of all the cars I looked at being a 2009 plate but it only has 50k miles on it. I was looking at 2009-2012 but this has all the bits I wanted - Super Sport Seats, SatNav, B&O audio, 19s, electric tail, pan roof, etc I'm sure there is more! It's a bit of a weird spec as it doesn't have heated seats or parking sensors. But it does have a receipt from Audi in 2014 for £6,000 for a replacement Mechtonic unit and the B&O amp has recently been replaced with a new one, there is also a whole stack on invoices. I'm picking it up next Saturday.

Reason for the post - are there any 'free mods' I can get done while the dealer has it? I know you can get lap timer / oil temp turned on which I'm asking to be done but is there any thing else?

Thanks for the advice so far, and I apologise in advance for the stupid questions that will undoubtedly follow in the next few weeks!! Anyway here is a pic or two.

That is a really nice spec. Especially with that colour and the rotors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The battery meter is good one to code in, especially with a 2009, if it hasn't already had a new battery. Mines a 59 plate and I had to change the battery last year. Very nice motor m8

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Retro fitting genuine parking sensors front and rear with OPS is very doable if you want to protect "your ends", cost quite a bit though and there is someone in Germany still selling satin Platinum colour painted sensors for the front grill.

Edit:- and a must have(in my mind) is a dip stick for the engine oil level checking!

Reactions: V6_Man
Congratulations on the new purchase!

I recently got my S4 too and found a thread on Audizine with useful VCDS mods.

When trolling through them I noticed that a fair few were already activated (i.e. needle sweep).
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/403694-VCDS-amp-Hidden-menu-The-complete-list

The ones I activated:
Disabling LED wink on turn signal
Enable fog lamp to come on for the same side as that turn signal
Enable Rear Tail Lights on with DRLs

Planning on doing some more but need to find the time!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Nice looking car. I'd have had Super Sports Seats if I could but had a budget to stick to. :) Surprised by the lack of parking sensors. I retrofitted non genuine rear sensors to my B7. They were paint matched as well

Loads of various bits you can yourself with the carista app.

For some reason I think there might be a list of available mods on the carista site but not 100%. Either way a quick Google should give you plenty of information..

Congrats on the purchase.

You can on the B8, but not the B8.5, I seem to recall. I certainly can't on mine.

I've done it on my b8.5.

Pretty sure I did it with carista but it might have been a green menu tweak.

Reactions: jdp1962
I also thought that there was no battery meter hack for the B8.5 - I tried the B8 settings but none worked. However I was relying on VCDS instead of the green menu.

@forty3 @jdp1962 I’ll try it tomorrow as got a new battery coming. I’ve not even opened my carista yet & had it well over a year lol.

So I pick it up at 2pm tomorrow, dealer has managed to turn on most of what I asked including a few bits of Audi Drive Select.