Door not opening from outside

Chobbit

Reaction score
So have an A7 anf a frosty morning 2 days ago, went to open back drivers side door and it wouldnt budge which isn't unusual on pillarless doors.

Got in drivers side and made my journey where afterwards all the doors would open fine except that door and 2 days later it still doesn't open from the outside but does from the inside.

Any help cheers?

Sounds like typical VAG group malady of dodgy electrics - It may come alright on its own - intermittent faults are difficult to track down. My dads Passat does that, so does my brothers SEAT Leon, so does my A4 B6 and so did the Passat my bruv replaced with the SEAT...... and I think its started happening with the front passenger door on my B7 too. :grumpy: Welcome to the world of Audis my friend!
PS - It's likely to be the comfort module causing probs - they are renowned for it.......

I had this on mine s3 although it had been stood for over a year it electrically unlocking and working with the inside handle but not outside when door is open lift the handle and see if the
Mech is moving on the lock and spray with wd40 if not your going to have to take the door card off and see if anything come apart

Thanks Boffin & TJ,

Lol glad to see I'm not the only one, well I'll give it a go with the WD40 AND i think I have some car lube someway to see if it loosen things up a bit. If not I'llhave to drop it in a garage and suggest the comfort module :)
Cheers

Common in the A5 where the retaining clip connecting the rod to the outdoor door handle comes off. This results in the door still being operable from the inside but not the outside.

May be the same/similar problem.

Reactions: Tj 0785
Thanks Evil, a simple quick thing to fix?

Or take it into a garage to get done?

Well I got home with the intention of trying things and it just opened fine :/ so Ive WD40'd the latch and put some car lub in there too in hope it stips it happening again.

Cars are wierd.