Radiator and thermostat

Asim1

Reaction score
Going to tackle changing the radiator and thermostat over the next couple days as I had a coolant leak somewhere. So going to change it all including hoses. Everything I already have or is coming tomorow in the post (thank god for next day delivery). Is there anything tips that anyone can give to tackle this job. I know the whole front end will need to come off which I dont mind as I want to clean and paint certain bits and bobs as they come off any advice would be greatly appreciated

Going to tackle changing the radiator and thermostat over the next couple days as I had a coolant leak somewhere. So going to change it all including hoses. Everything I already have or is coming tomorow in the post (thank god for next day delivery). Is there anything tips that anyone can give to tackle this job. I know the whole front end will need to come off which I dont mind as I want to clean and paint certain bits and bobs as they come off any advice would be greatly appreciated
Asim it's straight forward drain rad disconnect pipes sensors etc bumper off crash bar off you remove fan shroud and out with rad I suggest using ramps if available for clearance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Asim1
Asim it's straight forward drain rad disconnect pipes sensors etc bumper off crash bar off you remove fan shroud and out with rad I suggest using ramps if available for clearance.

Cheers are thermostats as simple as taking old one out replacing o ring and popping in a new one. And no ramp gonna do it in the car park

Cheers are thermostats as simple as taking old one out replacing o ring and popping in a new one. And no ramp gonna do it in the car park
Just check the thermostat upon removal for the relevant o-rings replace like-for-like Bolt on bolt off torque to the thermostat housing should be 15nm but you know but you may need to put it up on axle stands for the clearance when removing the rad.

Just check the thermostat upon removal for the relevant o-rings replace like-for-like Bolt on bolt off torque to the thermostat housing should be 15nm but you know but you may need to put it up on axle stands for the clearance when removing the rad.
Rad fits in this section
a361d4eb899096d05c77dd26ea662037.jpg

Fair enough yh I've got the axle stands in the boot I thought they would be more than sufficient

Reactions: MPH
Good luck mate hope all goes well any problems get back to me and I will see if I can help in any way.

Appreciate that my bro

Taking the front off is easy enough with no ramps outside the front of the house...
Screenshot 2020 04 15 at 092129

Biggest ballache is the aircon pipe to the dryer (bottom left)... you have to get the front clip behind that and while taking the clip off was easy enough, wrestling it back on was not the most fun thing...

That said I did still have all the rad hoses etc connected so with all that disconnected you should have an easier time...

I used a jack to help support getting the rad back into the clip as it was all still connected but should be a bit easier with it all off

<tuffty/>

Taking the front off is easy enough with no ramps outside the front of the house...
View attachment 201075

Biggest ballache is the aircon pipe to the dryer (bottom left)... you have to get the front clip behind that and while taking the clip off was easy enough, wrestling it back on was not the most fun thing...

That said I did still have all the rad hoses etc connected so with all that disconnected you should have an easier time...

I used a jack to help support getting the rad back into the clip as it was all still connected but should be a bit easier with it all off

<tuffty/>
Thank you..waiting till tomorow so I can start it all

That shouldn't be a problem stays light till 8 oclock and it's going to be warm today.

Hope so knowing my luck somehow well have a freak snow storm at 3.30 when I've got the whole front end off

So update managed to change the radiator and all the hoses..even though in a previous thread I posted I was advised not to use creations motorsport,I have to say as I had to do this on a budget I decided to order them. I can say i was not disappointed and found a couple of pipes did need trimming. However for the price your paying compared to other brands I feel it was well worth the money. New problem has arisen noticed that coolant is also leaking from the flange so ordered new aluminium seat to replace with. I would like to personally thank Mark most know him as mph. He has gone above and beyond with help on the forum and also phone support the last two days even if it was just to hear me rant..appreciate the help from all of you

So update managed to change the radiator and all the hoses..even though in a previous thread I posted I was advised not to use creations motorsport,I have to say as I had to do this on a budget I decided to order them. I can say i was not disappointed and found a couple of pipes did need trimming. However for the price your paying compared to other brands I feel it was well worth the money. New problem has arisen noticed that coolant is also leaking from the flange so ordered new aluminium seat to replace with. I would like to personally thank Mark most know him as mph. He has gone above and beyond with help on the forum and also phone support the last two days even if it was just to hear me rant..appreciate the help from all of you